I noticed some continuity errors in the SLA5 prologue read by Brandon.

1. Several times in the previous 4 books, Dalinar thinks to himself how Gavilar considered Taravangian a friend, there’s a heavy implication that they spent a great deal of time together. But Gavilar in the prologue was surprised to see Taravangian at their meeting, it was the first time he attended, and he did not know him well.

2. In the same vein, Tarvangian mentions in one of the previous books how knowledge of Gavilars visions helped inform the diagram- but given the events of the prologue- there’s no way Tarvangian could have had access to those visions or any knowledge of them.

3.  Aesudan, in Oathbringer, tells Elhokar that she was finishing his fathers work. They he had found a spren, but couldn’t figure out how to bond it. That’s never mentioned in the prologue. Void light and anti-void light are, but there’s no mention of finding, having or attempting to bond with a void spren. 

In essence 1 and 2 reveal that the relationship between Gavilar and Taravangian was deeper than the prologue indicated.  

I’d report this directly to Brandon’s team, but I do not know how to contact them. I can find the exact passages quotes given a bit of time to find them.

Note this is super early; the beta hasn't happened at all where a lot of this continuity stuff gets caught. It'll all be caught before the book has been released. This is super rough draft. So don't worry, it will be okay!

EDIT: I can make sure these things are noted in the beta. :) 

Edited by Chaos

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 9:53 PM, Chaos said:

Note this is super early; the beta hasn't happened at all where a lot of this continuity stuff gets caught. It'll all be caught before the book has been released. This is super rough draft. So don't worry, it will be okay!

EDIT: I can make sure these things are noted in the beta. :) 

How does one become Brandon's beta reader? It would be wonderful if I could put my reading and re-reading of all of Brandon's work to use. 

1 hour ago, Yuliya said:

How does one become Brandon's beta reader? It would be wonderful if I could put my reading and re-reading of all of Brandon's work to use. 

Well Brandon has already addressed this in one of the videos on his YT channel. It's here: 

But the short answer is...

Spoiler

You generally don't. Sorry.