I think Hoid's endgame plan is to recreate Adonalsium he is gathering and gaining access to all the types of investiture all over the Cosmere is to either turn himself into Adonalsium or make a mini Adonalsium to test the principal and make sure it is a good idea. I think he regrets his role in the killing of Adonalsium and wants to undo it and that is why he keeps traveling and getting access to all the different types of investiture. I mean think about it he is now a Mistborn, Knight Radiant, possessor of the Moon Staff and I think he is a Sand Master he also has the original powers of someone from Yolen. And we don't know what else he might have access to I do think he's going to have to wait till space travel is exists so he can visit all the planets including the dangerous ones. We also know he was trying to become an Elantrian but failed I think that drove him to steal the Moon Staff. So that about wraps my theory. I'd love to hear people's takes and objections to this!

To reform big A, you’d have to reform all the Shards together which seems like a big ask 

I personally think he’s just in it for the ride and capital S story of the Cosmere. That or maybe shattering all the Shards so there are no “gods” to mess with the galaxy because of their Intents driving them

19 hours ago, LightweaverWannabe said:

But he has collected so many different types of Investiture. Maybe when he creates his mini Adonalsium it will be able to absorb more and more of the Shards Investiture until it can face and destroy them.

That's a bit like saying that someone with every color marble owns all of the marbles in the world.

Just now, LightweaverWannabe said:

That is not the same though it might be like when you have a vacuum air flies in to fill it maybe it would be the same? 

No it really is the same, unless our understanding of Investiture is highly flawed.

There might be some bonuses to having magic from every shard, but it won't make you Adonalsium.

Pretty sure Hoid picked up some breath in Nalthis. Still missing some Feruchemy or some other aspect of Ruin. Missing Aviars, though I guess he could have one flying around and us not know. 

Regardless, we know (or that Hoid thinks he knows) from a WOB that it will have some effect to get all the types. 

Chris D.

If Hoid collects a form of Investiture from every planet, will it grant him special effects?

Brandon Sanderson

He hopes so!

YouTube Spoiler Stream 4 (June 16, 2022)

judging by RoW he does seem to have breaths, and he seems to use them similar to f-copper so...

anyway my best guess for his endgame is he's hoping to become powerful enough that shards can't mess with him, even if he's not the power level of a shard

he's certainly cautious about not opening himself up to any additional influence

Edited by Some Random Spren
forgot to write some of message

Here's an option, I doubt Hoid gathering Investiture from all the Shards will make him Adonalsium, but... Hoid was around when Adonalsium was still whole. Maybe he saw some of the abilities of Adonalsium and hopes to be able to recreate some of those powers at the small scale. What exactly Adonalsium could do while whole is probably a massive, massive RAFO. Could be as cliche as hoping to bring someone back from the Beyond, regardless of if we think it's actually possible. 

On 22/07/2022 at 0:43 AM, Yumiya said:

Pretty sure Hoid picked up some breath in Nalthis. Still missing some Feruchemy or some other aspect of Ruin. Missing Aviars, though I guess he could have one flying around and us not know. 

Regardless, we know (or that Hoid thinks he knows) from a WOB that it will have some effect to get all the types. 

Hoid definitely got breaths because I remember when he visits kal in prison he mentioned having perfect pitch

Edited by BrightLord William

3 hours ago, Duxredux said:

Here's an option, I doubt Hoid gathering Investiture from all the Shards will make him Adonalsium, but... Hoid was around when Adonalsium was still whole. Maybe he saw some of the abilities of Adonalsium and hopes to be able to recreate some of those powers at the small scale. What exactly Adonalsium could do while whole is probably a massive, massive RAFO. Could be as cliche as hoping to bring someone back from the Beyond, regardless of if we think it's actually possible. 

This makes a lot more sense maybe he would bring back Hoid the original Hoid I mean the one he failed and should have loved.

13 hours ago, Duxredux said:

Could be as cliche as hoping to bring someone back from the Beyond, regardless of if we think it's actually possible. 

That's what my general assumption has always been. 

Years ago, I thought that it'd actually be Harmony who may discover this power first, in Era 4 of Mistborn. This would lead to Hoid seeking out Harmony and his power in order to do the same, and Kelsier actually trying to stop him from hurting/killing/taking the power of his friend. But who knows?