Applying Internal and External to the Orders of Radiants

vetterlinj

I realized that Windrunners and Skybreakers pretty neatly align with concepts of internal and external honor, and that Lightweavers and Truthwatchers align with the concepts of internal and external truth. Bondsmiths could be associated with external unity, that between large groups, whereas Stonewards are associated with teamwork and looking out for others, internal unity perhaps?

Elsecallers and Willshapers are both pretty internally focused, so I don't really think all the orders pair like this (given the above pairings, the orders cannot alternate internal then external cleanly) and I doubt pulling or pushing could really apply here, but I figured I'd throw out the idea to see if it sparked ideas about other pairings. 

I'd argue Willshapers are externally focused, since you're helping other people by freeing those in bondage. The focus on building society and infrastructure could also be considered externally building things up, while Elsecallers are focused on internal building, but seeking their own potential.

Interesting pattern, I like it  Ill break out the yarn & thumbtacks. Looking at their Oath themes and their WOB described philosophies 

Internal: 

• Elsecallers - "The order is more open to all types of people, as long as they want to improve themselves."
  • Lightweavers - Personal Truths
  • Dustrbinger - All About restraining great power and "self-mastery"
  • Truthwatchers - Seem about finding Truths of the Universe and Declaring it more than any specific Society Relationship or Role

External:

• Willshapers  - About Freeing Others from Bondage.
  • Edgedancers - About remembering Others (downtrodden & Forgotten)
  • Windrunner - About Protecting Others
  • SKybreaker - Enforce Order on Everyone through Law

Undecided (Balanced?)

• Bondsmith - One Ideal about Uniting People, another about the Personal Journey
  • Stoneward - Very much about personal resilience, but also with strong "Sacrifice For The People" vibe