AonDorlinar - a crackpot theory about Roshar and Sel

stonehand

I've been re-reading Elantris the last couple of days and stumbled across yet another thread discussing Dalinar's great line: "I am Unity!". This got me thinking. Below is the comment I left in that thread:

"In Elantris, the parent religion of Shu Koreth and Shu Dereth was just some guy preaching a religious concept of unity, which his students (Koreth and Dereth, ofc) took elsewhere. The resulting religions they founded seem to preach Unity, with Shu Koreth preaching unity in love(Devotion) and Shu Dereth preaching unity in domination(Dominion). However, all magic on Sel is derived from the Dor, which is the remaining investiture of Devotion and Dominion just swirling around TOGETHER in the cognitive realm(yet another allusion to "unity"). Not sure how this would fit into your Unified Theory(see what I did there) but it caught my eye because I've been re-reading Elantris. The back 5 of SA are going to be a lot more cosmere-aware, it seems. Could this Unity concept be what brings together the Rosharan and Selish storylines? Will Dalinar mantle the Dor?"

So what are our thoughts on AonDorlinar?

Edited by stonehand
several edits for typos and clarity