[Discuss] Ettmetal Vibration Patterns

Duxredux

The ettmetal primer cube buzzes when charged with Allomancy. Do we know what frequency it buzzes at or if it changes based on the metal being burned? It occured to me that it probably buzzes to the same pulse pattern that Seekers detect, or at least to pattern or frequency unique to each metal. If it does, then you have a mechanical method of detecting what allomancy the ettmetal is currently burning. Any engineers or programmers see a way to use something like this that has 16 buzzing states specifically tied to the metal being burned? 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Duxredux

That's an interesting idea. Since ettmetal is Harmonium, I'd assumed the buzzing would if anything be like other Pure Tones, like those of Cultivation, Honor, Odium, and Preservation, rather than the distinctive pulses of Allomancy. I don't recall anything about the frequency being written yet other than characters observe that the buzzing is happening. I bet we'll find out in November!

I'm no engineer, but I'd use it for validation and error prevention in Allomantic machinery. Like, a device won't operate if the ettmetal will produce a steelpush when the machine is supposed to do something else, especially if the steelpush would be dangerous. A sixteen-state gate might be useful in some applications, but I'd be more concerned about using Allomancy to do the work. It's just so much easier and more accessible to use an electronic circuit. Especially since ettmetal is so unstable.