Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Rue frowned, feeling her anger growing again. “You’ve done it before. You Asha’man always manage to surprise me with the level of cruelty you casually reach.” She shook her head, forcing her anger down again. 
I need to stop talking to him. He’s only going to make me angrier. 
Rue walked over to Insa. “Are you okay?”

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa sat up. "Just thinking."

@Aes Sedai

Rue bit her lip, following Insa's gaze up to the sky. "Honestly...so what? You can't miss what you don't remember, so why waste time on it? Unless it affects what happens now, you can use the time you have now to become who you want to be. In our world, we are reborn. Some people say that we are reborn so that we can do better. Maybe that's your case; you can become someone else, become anything you want without the weight of the past keeping you down. The wheel weaves as the wheel wills." She tore her gaze away from the sky, shrugging. "I know that sounds insensitive. But if you feel too much, the sorrow will overcome you. If Bookwyrm remembers, then you can think more about it then. But for now...if you wait too long to make a choice, time will make it for you." Color starts to creep onto her cheeks. "Light, I'm no good at this. I don't mean to sound so heartless."

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa laughed. "You're kind of right though. I mean all I do remember is my sword cutting me open. What if my past is just more of the same pain and fear? So maybe I shouldn't remember. But at the same time I want to know." She sighed. "I guess it's just a decision I'll have to make when it comes."

@Aes Sedai

Rue nodded. “Sometimes, there are things I wish I could forget.” She glances at Nameless but quickly looks away. “But I think I’d lose pieces of myself if I did, pieces I need to keep in order to have meaning.” She looks at Insa. “I wish I could help. Truly, I do. There are people on my world who can heal any ailment, even madness. Perhaps one of them would be able to help you, but I can’t.”

@InfiniteInsanity

The girl cocks her head while the tree creaks and she tries to say something in a foreign tongue. A tree branch reaches down and lightly whacks her.

"That term is not what we call ourselves."

The tree whacks the girl harder this time and she snaps off a creaking reply that crackles with anger at the tree.

"I am called Sylva and this is the tree that I am bonded to."

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

The girl changes a bit, seeming to grow older and she smiles at Nameless.

"I was dying and turning into a tree. That is why I turned green. My people have to bond a tree before the end of their first season or they will die. And then they can never leave their tree or they die."

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai

Emma wanders over, having seen the tree move and the girl fall from the tree.

"What is going on?"

“I don’t think it’s quite like that, Insa,” Rue said wryly. “You can’t make a tree your warder.” She turns to Sylva. “I am Rue Sedai, of the Red Ajah. How did you get here? The wyrmhole is long gone.” She tries not to sound accusatory, and fails. 
Ninja’d

@InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Aes Sedai

"I see. Emma, this is Sylva, a... what are your people called?" Nameless turns to frown at Rue. "No need to be so aggressive. There's more than one way to travel through dimensions. Besides, the wyrmhole's still right there." He points towards the wyrmhole. "It's staying open so we can go home, I believe."

@The Wandering Wizard @Aes Sedai

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

Rue blinked. “I…how did I miss that? And I’m sorry, Sylva. I didn’t mean to sound so rude, or to almost attack you at first. I’ve been jumpy since he got here.” She eyes Nameless. 

@The Wandering Wizard @UnfortunatelyNamed

"My people, your word of dryad will work well enough. It is similar to the word in our own language, a word you would find hard to produce."

Sylva stares at the one called Nameless, what a strange name that was. How could one be called Nameless and not have a name? But she kept her questions inside as he started  glaring at Rue the same time she glared at him. How strange and how synchronized it was. She could even see the beginnings of a scowl on one of their faces, yet they seemed to reflect each other. Something she had only seen in the other gheareants who had truly began to meld with their trees. The most enviable state that a gheareant could attain. 

Shaking her head she turned her head towards the worrying one, glad to see something other than the smoldering anger between the two strangest strangers.

"No my tree takes care of all my needs. I am fine now that I have my tree."

She turned to the one who bled darkness into the world, it wasn't just that. It was that she seemed to be carrying a great burden. A burden that seemed to increase in weight when she stared at Sylva. Sylva wasn't going to be one to let that bother her instead turning back to the other three preparing to answer their questions that they would have. Anything to not have to face that hollow gaze, those pain racked eyes, the tortured soul, one who had stared into the depths of the darkness and lost a part of themselves staring back at it. She shivered, her people called such people, yerrgons, those who were already dead.

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai @UnfortunatelyNamed

I tried to @ you as Rue Sedai, Aes Sedai :P

Emma stared at the strange girl, who seemed to be growing up at a rapid rate. Far faster than anything natural she had seen before, but not the unnatural speed of growth sped up by magic. Perhaps it was a magically enhanced growth, but Emma wasn't quite sure. That however wasn't what was bothering her. The girl looked like her friend that she had last seen before the scourage. The last time she'd visited her hometown she had seen the grave of Annabell herself.

Nameless broke off his glare at Rue to look back At Sylva. "I'm glad you're alright. So, what brings you here? Sightseeing? Or are you looking for this archive thing too?" His voice was kind, but his eyes had a hint of suspicion as he examined the strange girl.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed