Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron began tuning out the music as he watched the couple dance. In its place, he found himself humming to the tune of a song he had learned as a little boy.

The boy would run 'round in the forest

Playing games and having fun.

What the boy did not yet know is

That his whole life had just begun.

He went to school; he made a friend.

A friendship that could never end.

He brought that friend down to the forest.

And thus, the games began again.

Oh, how he left me with grief.

He fell away on that fatal reef.

I will surely never forget.

The boy was growing to a man,

Learning each and every day.

But through it all, that fateful friend

With the still-young boy would stay.

Their love was stronger than the waves.

Best of friends in every way.

Their games went on down in the forest,

Until one day in fateful May.

That day they went to the sea,

Playing games, throwing sand.

But what those boys did not yet see

Were the rocks beneath.

I am that boy; this is my song.

Years may pass, my life be long.

But I’ll remember my forest friend.

The best thing that came to an end.

Oh, how he left me with hope.

That one day I may see

A love as true as the mountain slopes,

Like the love from him to me.

As TAAron finished the song, he realized that not only was he crying, but that he was softly singing aloud. Hopefully no one had noticed, but he had a feeling that they did.

Haly: softly “That’s really pretty.” Sips some kind of drink

30 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Ghenjei... Ghenjei... I might have, but it may be better to ask another of," he paused, his eyes flashed red then back, "another of my kinsman. I'd recommend 'Nearim'. He's an older soulless who may know more about it, he lives in the outer darkness near the spiritual realm; which is farther than most of my kind go when seeking a place of residence." 

“Thank you. Any help he can give me will be appreciated.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly doesn’t answer. “Is it true?@

"No, not exactly. It's just a song. I guess kind of like what you might call a nursery rhyme." He took a breath breath. "I was born and raised in a different dimension, like a lot of people here. I think about a million people lived there." TAAron began shaking, his voice choked. "Five years ago today, my dimension collapsed. I don't know how, or why, but I'm the only one still alive. That's why I became a scholar. I wanted to understand what had destroyed everything I ever knew and loved. My world, my home, my family... and my best friend."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, not exactly. It's just a song. I guess kind of like what you might call a nursery rhyme." He took a breath breath. "I was born and raised in a different dimension, like a lot of people here. I think about a million people lived there." TAAron began shaking, his voice choked. "Five years ago today, my dimension collapsed. I don't know how, or why, but I'm the only one still alive. That's why I became a scholar. I wanted to understand what had destroyed everything I ever knew and loved. My world, my home, my family... and my best friend."

“So… I guess it kind of was true, a little.” Haly bit her lip, certain she would bungle this—anything that had anything to do with delicate feelings. In other words, human emotion. “I’m not good at this sort of thing. But if it means anything, I’m sorry. About it.”

Guys guys guys I got hit by a car! I was in a car though, in the passenger seat in the Walmart parking lot, and a guy hit-and-ran and it was scary and weird but also—imma sound like psycho—kinda cool.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

“So… I guess it kind of was true, a little.” Haly bit her lip, certain she would bungle this—anything that had anything to do with delicate feelings. In other words, human emotion. “I’m not good at this sort of thing. But if it means anything, I’m sorry. About it.”

He sighed. "Thank you, really." He paused, cringing. "I probably shouldn't have said anything, I didn't want to stress you out."

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“Thank you. Any help he can give me will be appreciated.”

Thaidakar nodded, "could you do something for me as well?" he had a sip of his tea, "If you can find it somewhere, something that can destroy or trap a powerful, and I mean powerful, demon. Not a soulless. A demon. I can't hold it the same way I did with the Nethergrim's power, that was a power akin to mine, not like this."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, "could you do something for me as well?" he had a sip of his tea, "If you can find it somewhere, something that can destroy or trap a powerful, and I mean powerful, demon. Not a soulless. A demon. I can't hold it the same way I did with the Nethergrim's power, that was a power akin to mine, not like this."

Nameless nodded thoughtfully. "I will, thank you."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless nodded thoughtfully. "I will, thank you."

He smiled weakly, "thanks, Nameless. And, if either of us survive the next few weeks, I expect to have an excellent argument about Wheel of Time." He winked. "I also should find someone to dance with, goodness knows I need to get my skills up again. It's been centuries." The cup disappeared and Thaidakar walked over to a crowd of people in the corner.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He sighed. "Thank you, really." He paused, cringing. "I probably shouldn't have said anything, I didn't want to stress you out."

Haly: “Stress me out? I don’t have stress!…much. I like helping when I can—“ that came out wrong—“Uh, so if you need anything, or anyone else does, I’m available. Pretty much.”

Thaidakar walked around, wondering if there would be someone he should ask to dance. He remembered the moves he used to do, he hoped they were still... well, in fashion nowadays. It had been centuries since his last dance. He made tea appear directly in his throat. The liquid helped him, some would say that liquor would've been better, but he didn't agree. Thaidakar adjusted his glasses nervously. He blinked, why was he nervous? He was a powerful soulless, why should he be afraid of a little dance? Well... that was obvious, actually. it was because the last time he'd done something like this... He didn't want to think about it any more than he already had. Perhaps he'd try a glass of something other than tea. It seemed they had plenty of things to eat and drink here. Thaidakar adjusted his glasses once again. Blasted things, they were getting a little smudged from all this adjusting. He summoned a small cloth and wiped them off quickly and put the lenses back on. He needed something salty. Popcorn maybe? He hoped they had some somewhere at the party. Thaidakar walked over to the side, looking for some popcorn, when he realized that he could just summon it. Why hadn't he thought of that at first? It's not like he wasn't a soulless and had to get things with actual effort. He summoned a small cup of popcorn and popped two pieces into his mouth. Mmm... not as good as Derenia's, but still passable. He adjusted his glasses once again and continued watching around for who he should ask to dance.

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “Stress me out? I don’t have stress!…much. I like helping when I can—“ that came out wrong—“Uh, so if you need anything, or anyone else does, I’m available. Pretty much.”

"Thanks." And with that, he fell out of his chair. The two glowing rings about 3 inches wide each fell out of his pocket as he hit the floor, unconscious. Oddly, one of them went dim.

13 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I might be... but I'm also really into the mind of my character, so I'm also thinking through Calano's eyes and thinking about Emma.

That's fun to do.

13 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

As the pair dance, Calano's mind fazes out all else. Eventually, it feels as if he and Emma are dancing alone. In a void. A void of joy and eternity.

It is just him.

It is just her.

It is just them.

And there's no place Calano'd rather be, no place where he would be happier. Then dancing with his bride.

Calano twirls Emma, then brings her right back into his arms, looking deep into her eyes as they sway.

As the pair dances their thoughts open to each other.

Husband, he's finally my husband. It feels exhilarating to finally be able to say that.

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Thanks." And with that, he fell out of his chair. The two glowing rings about 3 inches wide each fell out of his pocket as he hit the floor, unconscious. Oddly, one of them went dim.

“Uh oh. Um… help! Anybody? @Nameless, do you know what’s going on?” Crouches and picks up the rings, turning them over and examining them closely

13 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Uh oh. Um… help! Anybody? @Nameless, do you know what’s going on?” Crouches and picks up the rings, turning them over and examining them closely

Both rings were identical, made of what looked to be some sort of glass and yet surprisingly weighty. The only thing that differentiated them was that one glowed internally with a white light, while the other was completely dim.

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless ran over, crouching down next to TAAron. "Buddy?"

He sat up, looking dazed. The light flickered back to life in the ring. "Oh no. Sorry, I..." His voice trailed off, seeing Haly holding the bracelets. He went suddenly pale. "That's... nothing important. Just my wedding gift for Calano and Emma, that's all." Laughing uncomfortably, he reach to take them back.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Both rings were identical, made of what looked to be some sort of glass and yet surprisingly weighty. The only thing that differentiated them was that one glowed internally with a white light, while the other was completely dim.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless ran over, crouching down next to TAAron. "Buddy?"

He sat up, looking dazed. The light flickered back to life in the ring. "Oh no. Sorry, I..." His voice trailed off, seeing Haly holding the bracelets. He went suddenly pale. "That's... nothing important. Just my wedding gift for Calano and Emma, that's all." He laughed uncomfortably.

43 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

As the pair dances their thoughts open to each other.

Husband, he's finally my husband. It feels exhilarating to finally be able to say that.

"It feels just as exhilrating for me," Calano whispers to Emma.

"But we should probably continue with the rest of the wedding, don't you think?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He sat up, looking dazed. The light flickered back to life in the ring. "Oh no. Sorry, I..." His voice trailed off, seeing Haly holding the bracelets. He went suddenly pale. "That's... nothing important. Just my wedding gift for Calano and Emma, that's all." He laughed uncomfortably.

“TAAron… why did this one go dim when you fainted?” Looks to Nameless “Were running out of time. We need to get to that tower, and fast, before something worse happens.”

“TAAron… why did this one go dim when you fainted?” Looks to Nameless “Were running out of time. We need to get to that tower, and fast, before something worse happens.”

"Don't worry. I'm almost ready to go. After the wedding's over, I'm going to visit a contact who might have some more information about the Tower. If you guys can get iron and music while I'm gone, I can handle the fire."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Don't worry. I'm almost ready to go. After the wedding's over, I'm going to visit a contact who might have some more information about the Tower. If you guys can get iron and music while I'm gone, I can handle the fire."

Haly: “No prob. TAAron, can you hang on until the wedding’s over?”

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"I'll explain it later, it's really not that important." He sat back into his chair.

Haly: “No prob. TAAron, can you hang on until the wedding’s over?”

"Yes. Yes, I'll manage."