Timeline

Kelek

It is a vision of the future Honor had in the past.

Aand... That isn't confusing at all.(sarcasm) But seriously, this is the way I saw it. The visions are a spiritual/cognative "video log" made by Honor to prepare whoever saw it for the coming Desolation. Not knowing how he(Honor) can interact with people, such as placing thoughts in your head, reading minds, other random god power, etc... I think the visions were the only way Honor could put out the info. And since you can't completely destroy a shard, the spinters of his power - the "video log" - was waiting for the right person to find. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I dont think Nohadon created the Knights Radiant, I think he created a book that listed the ideals that the KR should strive to, much as the Bible was written after the death of Christ to lead and guide humanity. I feel very strongly that the Prologue took place far before the Way of Kings was written, and that the KR were named as such then, but with the breaking of the Oathpact and the departing of the Heralds, they lost their way, Nohadon was just the one to see a path which they should follow and wrote something to set them on it.

“They have leaders,” Nohadon said. “There are princes, kings, soulcasters, Surgebinders. We never lack men and women who wish to lead.”
“The others want to blame Alakavish. And true, if he hadn’t brought us to war before the Desolation, we might not have been broken this badly. But Alakavish was asymptom of a greater disease. When the Heralds next return, what will theyfind? A people who have forgotten them yet again? A world torn by war and squabbling? If we continue as we have, then perhaps we deserve to lose.”

It seems to me that with this quote, Nohadon can see that the Heralds are likely to come again for the next Desolation. That doesn't line up with what we heard from the Heralds. They told the story that they Won, that there aren't going to be any more desolations, a story that is believed today.

Plus, Nohadon never mentions the Knight Radiants, a people who would be just what he needs- an organized group of people for the Surgebinders. That's what his problem is- the Surgebinders aren't united, aren't disciplined. Nohadon unites the world, and from that, the Knight Radiants came to be. I don't know if he personally organized it, or if it was just a result of him uniting the world.

It sounds like you are saying Nohadon's scene takes place sometime after the Prelude, but in the Prelude, Jezrien says, "They have the Radiants."

And Peter has beaten me to it, but we actually know for certain that there was at least 1 desolation after the Radiants were formed, and thus presumably after Nohadon's time since he founded/inspired the Radiants. I personally think there was a lot more than one however, as the Heralds attitude to them doesn't seem to line up with someone who just got a new army of super soldiers to use in their impossible battles, which is what it would have been when the Radiants first fought in the desolations.

• Chaos locked this topic