Cosmere Weddings are Crazy

Fritochip

I am relistening to the Wax and Wayne series and Brandon has it out for Weddings. 

Vin and Ellend got married while her chest was being stitched up.

Roial and Sarene had a fake shaod happen at their wedding

Dalinar and Navani were married by the Stormfather

Adolin and Shallan....just a normal wedding. Except they should have had Pattern give them permission to mate...like a good chaperone. 

And Wax and Steris had a water tower flood their wedding. 

Brandon does not believe in an easy wedding. 

3 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

Next step, a wedding where two people are suddenly married before either knows what is happening, and a wedding where one of them is veiled and the other only find out afterwards they married the wrong person (Siri and Susebron don't count).

I have wondered if Dalinar could take the connection of marriage from one person and give it to another. Could Dalinar make Susebron be married to Vivenna? Then your plan could almost come true. 

Just now, Fritochip said:

I have wondered if Dalinar could take the connection of marriage from one person and give it to another. Could Dalinar make Susebron be married to Vivenna? Then your plan could almost come true. 

That gives me an idea for a kingdom inspired by Shara in the Wheel of Time, where every few years one monarch dies and someone else marries the surviving one, then a few years later the next one is replaced and so on - so a world where the marriage connection is taken using connection abilities to pass to someone else who marries the current monarch, a connection passed from spouse to spouse and so they claim each royal pair possesses the original marriage from the first royal pair. The ship of Theseus as a wedding.

11 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

That gives me an idea for a kingdom inspired by Shara in the Wheel of Time, where every few years one monarch dies and someone else marries the surviving one, then a few years later the next one is replaced and so on - so a world where the marriage connection is taken using connection abilities to pass to someone else who marries the current monarch, a connection passed from spouse to spouse and so they claim each royal pair possesses the original marriage from the first royal pair. The ship of Theseus as a wedding.

It would only be plausible if somehow the legitimacy passes with the connection. 

I have simpler dreams. Imagine the Dalinar Divorce Service. Don't divorce, just pay Dalinar to make your fling into your Spouse. Just 10 Emerald Bromes. 

Of course, the Honor's Shard may find this distasteful. 

18 minutes ago, Fritochip said:

It would only be plausible if somehow the legitimacy passes with the connection. 

We know destiny can be taken - the question becomes not so much legitimacy but rather reality is tied to the connections, as we know a Hemalurgic spike can steal someone's strength, etc., and spiritweb changes cause physical changes instantly, so if something is taken it may be that it "always was" what the other person had, time actually somehow changing, or people now "knowing" that is the case.

20 minutes ago, Fritochip said:

I have simpler dreams. Imagine the Dalinar Divorce Service. Don't divorce, just pay Dalinar to make your fling into your Spouse. Just 10 Emerald Bromes. 

Yup, that probably isn't something Honour would like. 

2 minutes ago, Ixthos said:
23 minutes ago, Fritochip said:

Yup, that probably isn't something Honour would like. 

Or Dalinar.