Could Stomlight work as a replacement for Metals?

TheCollector

Ok, a bit of explanation for the title:

While aimlessly scrolling through the shard, I saw a random thread about pairing Cosmere powers, and the thought came to me, If a misting/mistborn became a Knight Radiant, would they be able to use Stormlight as a replacement for metals?

It sounds a little out there, but Kelsier is trying to find a way to get Stormlight off Roshar.

Feel free to shoot this down in any way you can

Quite possible, though I personally think it would work more easily the other way around, that they could use metals to substitute for Stormlight, burning a metal to gain access to enough Investiture to use a surge, as metals are more common through the various worlds than Stormlight. The question is though, if Stormlight can be used to substitute for metals, how would one determine which metal it functions as, unless it can be directed?

You'd need some way to "tune" the stormlight for a specific metal effect. Theoretically this could be done with Intent, like when burning the Mists, but I suspect it is more likely that you'd have to find some way to trick the stormlight into being more like a metal. Perhaps giving it Harmony's Tone could work, but I have no idea if that would hold once its removed from a laboratory setting.

Edited by HSuperLee