How to Combine Hemalurgic Charges Into One Spike

Trusk'our

Okay, so I had a couple ideas on how to go about this, but I'll just post the most likely and straight forward for now. If anybody really, really wants to hear the other ideas you can ask and I'll post them too.

I believe that the greatest opposition to combining Hemalurgic charges is similar to the opposition to creating Unsealed Metalminds with multiple powers; conflicting Identities.

When creating Unsealed Metalminds in modern Scadrial, you need to have multiple people who only have a single power somehow combine their powers into a single Nicrosilmind, probably by blanking their Identity via Feruchemical aluminum while using Feruchemical duralumin to create a Connection between the Metalborn. This probably tricks the stored powers into thinking that they are from one single being, and therefore are less likely to interfere with one another.

I don't think that you'd need to do that with Hemalurgy though, because there is another much less complicated method of increasing the power of your spikes.

Normally you can only take one charge from a person's spiritweb, and they are killed in the process. However, you can heal damage done to your spiritweb by Hemalurgy if you have a sufficient amount of investiture that heals you, such as Feruchemical gold. So, if you give your Hemalurgic donor a large amount of Feruchemical health, possibly though Hemalurgy, you could have them survive the donation of their power or attribute and even be able to regain the lost power or ability.

This is key to filling a spike with multiple charges. If you can take multiple charges from the same person, the Identity of those charges won't interfere with each other as they would if you tried to take from multiple people. There will likely be scaring on the spiritweb, similar to Shardblades, even if you have a way to heal, so you may have to wait a period of time between gathering Hemalurgic charges so that your donor won't suffer as much. You'd need to store the charged spike(s) in blood so that they don't lose too much Investiture between charges, of course.

One other problem I can think of is that trying to Invest a spike that already contains a Hemalurgic charge with be inefficient, since investiture resists investiture. However, if you were to use very small spikes, probably the size of nails, you could melt a large number of spikes together once you had enough, and presto; you have a Hemalurgic spike that contains multiple charges that won't interfere with each other.