Segmented Story

danex

haven't seen many new forum games lately so lets try this

The goal of this is to collectively write the elements for a story. I'll need 6-8 participants. Post below this and ALSO send me a PM to sign up. (Just format it like "Segmented Story-yourname")

I'll then give each participant one "piece" or a story for them to write. For example i might say "come up with a setting for our story" or "write a character profile for a mentor-type character" or "give me a possible motive for a theoretical villain' or smthn like that. 

Then when I get everyone's writing back, I'll post it all here, and we can laugh at how ridiculous a story it would be, or some of you could even try to actually write it if you want. (the goal is that some of you will, but I can't make ya. I'll prob give it a shot at the very least)

One more thing, some assignments are probably going to be a lot more involved than others. Like, writing the setting will probably be the most complex (it is worldbuilding after all), followed by character profiles (we'll have to make them really really detailed so that the hypothetical future writers can fit them into whatever setting and conflict we come up with).

so when you sign up, tell me how much work you're willing to put in, on a scale of 1-5. 5 being "yeah sure, i can write multiple pages of quality writing for this, no biggie" 1 being "you'll get like, 2 paragraphs out of me at best, sry"

i'll do my best to match up each assignment with each Effort Level, but know that if you sign up, there is a possibility that you'll have to do a decent amount of writing, no matter what you give your EL as. If I get a lot of 1s, I might just segment the story even further (multiple people making different parts of a single character or smthn like that) and then just increase the number of participants, idk. 

So yeah, that's it. Signups are open Now!

• 2 weeks later...