Cultivation's Plan for Odium

lukaash

So I was rereading mistborn era one and two because of The Lost Metal. I was reading something that Vin said and I wanted to know how literal it is. She says something along the line of "I can destroy because I have a bit of you in me (to ruin after she gets preservation). You made me to destroy." Is this literal or a cool saying (it is very cool. One of my favorite lines of cosmere period.)? Vin does have the very odd ability to destroy as perservation, but she is also the perfect host for perservation.

I am thinking that if it is true then this could explain why cultivation gave Taravangian a boon and curse. Mabye to allow T-Odium to grow in some way. Mabye even allow T-Odium to change the power, to "grow" the power into something better. It would be a good way to permanently handle Odium. To change Odium into something else and then make sure that it won't be the same level of hatred would be the best way to stop Odium without outright destroying Odium (or combinding Odium with another shard, but that isn't the point). 

That is true. It just seems really always struck me as really odd that Vin was able to destroy with Preservation. Kelsier struggled with this and even Leras could not make himself destroy (he literally has to work with another shard). Originally, I just assumed that it was because Vin was the perfect host for preservation. Is this the case or am I just remembering wrong about how preservation could destroy things?

6 hours ago, lukaash said:

That is true. It just seems really always struck me as really odd that Vin was able to destroy with Preservation. Kelsier struggled with this and even Leras could not make himself destroy (he literally has to work with another shard). Originally, I just assumed that it was because Vin was the perfect host for preservation. Is this the case or am I just remembering wrong about how preservation could destroy things?

By the time we saw him, Leras had held the shard for long enough to completely embody Preservation.  Vin was able to go on the offensive because she was fresh enough of a vessel to not have her intent and actions muddled by the shard she held - perhaps in some part due to her being such a good host.  As for Kel, not entirely sure - maybe he had trouble with things due to his forced connection?

12 minutes ago, Anomander Rake said:

By the time we saw him, Leras had held the shard for long enough to completely embody Preservation.  Vin was able to go on the offensive because she was fresh enough of a vessel to not have her intent and actions muddled by the shard she held - perhaps in some part due to her being such a good host.  As for Kel, not entirely sure - maybe he had trouble with things due to his forced connection?

I always felt that because Kel was so little connected to Preservation that he had difficulty controlling the power--not that he couldn't use it to destroy bc of its intent but he really couldn't control it at all. I think that Taravangian being a new host will help him to control the power better in these early stages, and my guess is that this is cultivation's aim--shake things up temporarily and give her plan a chance to develop and grow, knowing that the Odium power will take anyone over eventually, but by then, her plan will (hopefully?) be in motion?