Let's assassinate a shard of Adonalsium, shall we?

Trusk'our

18 hours ago, apepi said:

I do wonder if you could suck the Identity out of a whole shard, could you like, unkey a whole shard? Take away it's investiture so it is just blank investiture? That would be real interesting way to 'kill' one.

There's so much investiture there that you'd probably have a very, very difficult time doing that unless you were the vessel who was holding that shard. Not only that, but the only way that I can think of that lets you blank Identity is Feruchemical aluminum, which requires that the user be willing to do that. Like, I could see Odium being capable of blanking all of the Identity of all of his shard's investiture, but Cultivation probably wouldn't be able to blank Odium's because it isn't her's to manipulate in the first place.

Of course, there are lots of things we don't know yet regarding what can be done with investiture, so maybe it is possible to forcibly blank someone else's Identity. It would certainly be useful for Hemalurgy, if it were possible :)