Hemelergic Gold Compounding

Father Tanner

Why wouldn't the Set have its high up members be gold compounders? Is there something about hemelergy that interferes with the strength of compounding? Are they trying to limit the strength of their members? Why wouldn't Wax's uncle have gone double gold and made himself near invincible? I get that they would have to find blood makers and gold mistings (both rare), but i feel like if you were going to go through the process of this, you would want to make it count. On that same vain if thought, if not gold, wouldn't they want to compound a different one? Steel compounding sounds quite powerful in that you both get to become a coinshot and essentially become The Flash. I guess my question boils down to this; is there something that prohibits compounding metals through hemelergy (prohibiting an OP army), is it that they don't have the allomancers/ferucamists handy to pick and choose powers, or is the Set/Trell simply trying to limit their powers? I don't know if this is RAFO or if we have the info on this. Any thoughts?

The limiting factor is probably how many Metalborn they can make disappear without people asking questions. Most Metalborn powers are incredibly useful and so their owners would be missed if they got their soul ripped into chunks and stapled to someone else.
It is also possible that the decay factor that affects every spike based on how long it sat unattended messes with Compounding's effectivity. 
Or...it could just be that they don't want to waste good powers like that on grunts and reserve it as a promotion bonus for their higher-rankers.

• 1 month later...
On 13/06/2021 at 11:36 PM, Invocation said:

The limiting factor is probably how many Metalborn they can make disappear without people asking questions. Most Metalborn powers are incredibly useful and so their owners would be missed if they got their soul ripped into chunks and stapled to someone else.

And the fact that they haven't realized you could use C-gold to heal the soul, otherwise they'd have transformed Miles into a double-gold factory

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 5:44 PM, mathiau said:

And the fact that they haven't realized you could use C-gold to heal the soul, otherwise they'd have transformed Miles into a double-gold factory

If they had access to medallion tech and a few gold medallions they could have used Miles for infinite health battery.  Much more valuable than just leading a little band of robbers.