The Bridge 4 Kickstarter poster......

Paladin Brewer

2 hours ago, Eingradd said:

And Rock too.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a little irritated that, in universe, Kaladin is told by Skar and Drehy what happened to Rock, but all we read is "he'll never see him again."

I think Rock will be back. Brandon has said the novella between books 4 and 5 will be from Rock’s point of view, so we’ll probably end up finding out what happens to him back at Horneater Peaks in that time period before the 5th book. 

1 hour ago, Andy92 said:

I think Rock will be back. Brandon has said the novella between books 4 and 5 will be from Rock’s point of view, so we’ll probably end up finding out what happens to him back at Horneater Peaks in that time period before the 5th book. 

It would be weird if Rock didn't come back, which is part of why how dismissive RoW was of him irritates me.

3 hours ago, Eingradd said:

It would be weird if Rock didn't come back, which is part of why how dismissive RoW was of him irritates me.

It probably ended up that way since Brandon knew Rock was getting his own novella next. I thought Lopen get way too little screen time in RoW, but he also was in Dawnshard with a number of point of view chapters. I think that plays into the outlining with Brandon trying to give each character enough screen time throughout the series as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Andy92 said:

It probably ended up that way since Brandon knew Rock was getting his own novella next. I thought Lopen get way too little screen time in RoW, but he also was in Dawnshard with a number of point of view chapters. I think that plays into the outlining with Brandon trying to give each character enough screen time throughout the series as a whole. 

Yeah, at the end I really felt like we didn’t get enough joke-y characters. I miss The Lopen and Lift interactions (not with each other, just in general). Obviously there was some Lift, but not enough for my tastes.

As for Rock, I think Kaladin *thinks* Rock is dead because Rock was so sad and fatalistic about going to the peaks to accept his judgement. But I feel like the judgement is just going to be a position of power that Rock was trying to avoid; i.e. he’s some sort of king now, so can’t go running off (not that it’s stopped other kings and queens I suppose).

• 2 months later...

I know this is being silly but can someone please help me identify who's who on the poster (the one with the uniforms) ^_^

I can't even place Moash.. although he's probably the scrawny guy with the translucent shardblade to the right of Kaladin. Teft is with the beard and I should guess Sigzil is the bottom-right most one. Renarin is up there and Rock is pretty obvious. But Rlain is missing and I can't quite place the others. I'm guessing the one to the immediate top-left of Kaladin is Lopen?

8 hours ago, Jorr said:

I know this is being silly but can someone please help me identify who's who on the poster (the one with the uniforms) ^_^

I can't even place Moash.. although he's probably the scrawny guy with the translucent shardblade to the right of Kaladin. Teft is with the beard and I should guess Sigzil is the bottom-right most one. Renarin is up there and Rock is pretty obvious. But Rlain is missing and I can't quite place the others. I'm guessing the one to the immediate top-left of Kaladin is Lopen?

https://exmakina.tumblr.com/post/617315772209020928/help-cosmere-fam-trying-to-figure-out-whos-who

I don't know how accurate this is, and I have yet to find any official source, but this seems like it could be right? I have no idea what Skar, Hobber, and Leyten look like according to the artist, but the rest seem right.

Also, yeah, no Rlain. I feel kind of bad that I didn't notice that until you brought it up, but that's definitely a mistake on their end (by "their" I'm referring to the team in charge of the poster). I can't think of a good reason why Rlain would not be included.

tumblr_6f8cbfdb2309082b011d7cf4cb064718_6306244f_1280.jpg

Edited by Eingradd
Clarification