Do all shards have numbers?

Lotus

So I was thinking about how it seems to be that quite a few shards have a number specifically related to them. Honor has the number ten, Odium 9, Preservation 16 (Although that one does seem to be a bigger coserme thing)

Do other people think that every Shard has a specific number or no?

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Well, if I remember correctly, Preservation took 16 because he needed a way to signal the humans of Scadrial, and why not use the cosmere-wide number?

But as to whether all the Shards have numbers, I'm inclined to think yes.  I think Endowment's might be five.

It goes a bit beyond just using the Ultimate Number. There are sixteen metals on the table of Metallic Arts, which are a blend of two Shards (Presevation and Ruin), so for all we know it reflects a summation of "their numbers" - maybe Preservation along would have been 1 and Ruin 15 or something..

Or 8 and 8. Who said the Shardic Numbers had to be unique by Shard? It's not like they're players on a sports team with numbered jerseys!

Just now, robardin said:

It goes a bit beyond just using the Ultimate Number. There are sixteen metals on the table of Metallic Arts, which are a blend of two Shards (Presevation and Ruin), so for all we know it reflects a summation of "their numbers" - maybe Preservation along would have been 1 and Ruin 15 or something..

Or 8 and 8. Who said the Shardic Numbers had to be unique by Shard? It's not like they're players on a sports team with numbered jerseys!

If it's a blend, then I vote 8 and 8.  And you're absolutely right, I completely forgot about that.  Ruin feels like a seven, though.  Not sure why.

Nope.  Not all have relevant Numbers, and some Numbers are more relevant to the Planet/System than to a specific Shard.  Ten is significant to the Rosharan system, and thus at least two Shards. Sixteen is relevant everywhere, though that magic Number seems to have been Preserved in Allomancy and Feruchemy (but notably not Hemalurgy).

The Only Joe (paraphrased)

Do all shards have a number they're associated with?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Some do, (most/some) don't.

Firefight Portland signing (Jan. 16, 2015)

Herald (paraphrased)

Is there more significance to the 10 other planets around the Rosharan star system and them being gaseous? We know that Roshar's moons have unnatural orbits; so there seems to be some astronomical manipulation in the system.

Yes there is significance of 16 in cosmere and 10 in Rosharan system.

Herald (paraphrased)

The outer 10 gas giants in the Rosharan system suggest a tie to the number 10 that predates the arrival of the current Shards. Is the prominent numerology we see around the cosmere an inherent property of the planets, rather than the Shards who invest them?

Big RAFO.

Herald (paraphrased)

Would Ashyn/Braize share the 10-centric numerology of Roshar?

Yes 10-centric is for the entire Rosharan planetary system...wait Braize is 9-centric.

Arcanum Unbounded San Francisco signing (Nov. 30, 2016)