Something is coming, apparently?

Steve, the admin of Stormblessed, posted this to the Stormblessed group on Facebook:

I've been asked not to reveal details yet, but this much seems safe to say: if you like collecting limited editions, signed hardcovers of Brandon's stuff, etc, you miiiight want to keep $45 handy and watch for announcements in the next 7 days or so.

I personally have no information regarding this, but I thought you'd like to know that this week, apparently something is coming our way.

Hmm I wonder what it could be.  I guess the obvious thing would be something Stormlight, my gut wants to say no but its probably this.  I know Brandon wanted to do a 10-year anniversary edition of Elantris, which would be really cool but its about a year to early for that.  Probably not something Mistborn since it is currently being re-released as a YA.  Gahh I want to know!

Well since the everstorm is here, I'd guess that Porridge is probably right.

I'm hoping for an Elantris/Emperors Soul combined book with really nice maps.

I for one would love something similar to this; an Elantris re-release with better maps but with The Hope of Elantris included instead of Emperor's Soul. 

Yeh I think he mentioned a leatherbound elantris/emporers soul copy so that is my guess, as much as I would like it to be a suprise early release of something, I seriously doubt it (and $45 seems a bit pricey for that).

Edited by signspace13

Hmm I wonder what it could be.  I guess the obvious thing would be something Stormlight, my gut wants to say no but its probably this.  I know Brandon wanted to do a 10-year anniversary edition of Elantris, which would be really cool but its about a year to early for that.  Probably not something Mistborn since it is currently being re-released as a YA.  Gahh I want to know!

Was Mistborn not originally a YA series? Huh.

I must admit, $45 for that seems a bit excessive. I will consider it, but the thing better be a damnation jewel.

From what I hear Subterreanean Press makes truly gorgeous stuff.

Was Mistborn not originally a YA series? Huh.

Mistborn was marketed as adult fantasy, as almost all of Brandon's works are. You know, because the violence :P But here on the marketing they focus more on Vin to appeal to teens more.

Yeah, and then hunger games came along and everyone just kind of went." Oh, well then driving a spike through one persons eye into somebody else's really isn't that bad."

Yeah, and then hunger games came along and everyone just kind of went." Oh, well then driving a spike through one persons eye into somebody else's really isn't that bad."

I am a tad squeemish that scene actually made me feel sick, like I almost lost my lunch, so yeh, I don't see the Mistborn series as particularly YA but I guess it isn't that bad, compared to some Video games these days, and most of those are marketed towards young adults.

• Chaos locked this topic