3 hours ago, Notchbeard said:

I think this was definitely Brandon's nod to Truthwatcher's guess. Just answer me this, why has Brandon said RAFO to EVERY OTHER GUESS? Like for reals why "put him on the record" unless he was right so he could collect his due respects later?

It probably had something to do with my absurd levels of excitement . . . and my suitcase filled with every single one of his books

On 5/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, Tglassy said:

I still think the Windrunner's fourth oath is something along the lines of allowing those who can to protect themselves.  It is the logical extension of the first oath "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves."  The fourth oath would be about NOT protecting those who CAN protect themselves.  Dalinar NEEDED to do that fight himself.  He NEEDED Kaladin to NOT protect him.  Adolin NEEDED Kaladin to protect him at that moment, but Kaladin was so focused on protecting the man he WANTED to protect, he was refusing to protect the man he NEEDED to.  He could not accept that people sometimes need to protect themselves.  He feels everyone is his burden, which is actually rather arrogant.  Not everyone is the burden of a Windrunner.  Only those who cannot protect themselves are the burden of a Windrunner.  

*Nods*

7 hours ago, Truthwatcher_17.5 said:

It probably had something to do with my absurd levels of excitement . . . and my suitcase filled with every single one of his books

Um... is that Healthy?

Never mind, yes it is.

Anyway, what Truthwatcher said at the signing (And BS's Response) is a clear indication (In my opinion) that Kaladin is going to have to forgive himself. Big Shocker

I hope you're right.

• Chaos locked this topic