Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

Okay!!

Neo inhaled some stormlight and skated a little further from the group, he wouldn't go around and get ambushed again. Neo stood on the corner and immediately saw the fortress-like door for their base, should'nt be too hard to brea--. Neo collapsed.

Do you really think you can take on something like this? They're professionals, you're not. You barely even made it out alive when encountered by those thugs. You're worthless, you're just a hinder, give up, give up, give up. Considering this power they had to be close by, Neo was slowly walking away from the fortress but he felt a little bit of determination. Must warn others... he took his green and purple tinted monocle and put it on. He bestowed Devaan his emotions, hopefully he would get the hint that somebody would be using emotional allomancy. He focused the lenses power on Devaan, sending him the willingness to leave and the eagerness to commit suicide.

@Nohadon

Edited by Minato™

Althea followed the kid through the tunnel. What was she doing here? She should be back in Oasis. There was nothing for her to do here. The whole mission was  pointless, her life a catastrophy. She should leave, end it.

Tiredly she touched her forehead, turned around and stopped. There were perks when you were married to a rioter. She could recognize it most of the time. But realizing you were influenced wasn't the same as not feeling what they called to the surface. And she knew these feelings, the uselessness, the sadness

Distaching herself from the emotions, as much as she could, she considered calling out to Max and Devaan, then decided against it. It would only warn their enemies.

They've got a rioter.

She warned Max instead and then waited for him and Devaan to go first. It wouldn't do for her to go first. Better to let s fighter open the door. She was useless in a fight.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

Neo got up, feeling a little bit less suicidal. He immediately took his time to call out the investiture that he could sense behind those walls.

"Uhh.... we got a guy above the door waiting to jump us, cant tell if that's a skybreaker or windrunner surge, only ONE surge though, not two." Neo was looking frantically at the other people in that room. "Obviously got a rioter and i'm pretty sure that's... that's... a smoker! Which is why I can't see the rest... but the amount of people in there six, that much I can at least tell".

Neo kicked the door open and immediately retreated waiting for Devaan to hopefully start the fight.

Neo noticed Devaan going in, he turned on his bestowers monocle, inhaled some stormlight and focused on Devaan. Immediately, as he was inhaling stormlight it was bestowed onto Devaan, giving him a glow and access to the surges of being an edgedancer.

Althea inhaled more Stormlight and then followed them inside. Devaan moved differently, Hellbent had taken over. This was going to end bloody. Remembering what had happened before, she looked for Frob, searched for him admist the fighters.

It was easy to convince his cloths to turn to metal, to stop him from running away. She left her eyes on him, ready to get him out of the way should Hellbent choose him as his target.

Ark, Althea will step in, should you attempt kill Frob. So please give me a chance. The others are yours (although Gancho asked us to fight them, but not kill them yet).

@Ark1002

Edited by Sorana

The fight began.

Max charged a random guy, who looked Kokoda blooded. The man was large, and he looked tough.

Max swung his staff at the man but the man parried the blow with his sword and lunges forward. Max rolled to the side and raised his free hand, targeting the man with strong Rioting. The man hesitated for a moment, then swung his sword in a wide arc at Max again.

The kid said there was a Smoker. This must be it. Oh, Copperclouds, probably the only resistance against Max and aluminium hats.

Max brought his staff out to block the sword from decapitating him and the sword hit the staff and almost snapped it.

Amping up the Rioting he threw himself at the man where his sword’s range wouldn’t help. The Koloss-blooded man’s strength wasn’t something to be messed with and he threw Max to a wall.

“Ow,” Max said, Sethramir appearing in his hand and he smiled a little. “Alright, let’s do that again.”

Neo spotted Max being thrown against the wall, He stopped bestowing investiture to devaan, what he had now should last him at least a little bit. Neo inhaled some stormlight himself and immediately skated at a rapid speed around the smoker. He gave the smoker a weak punch in his face before perming a backwards waltz and laughed "Come on, big guy. I'm right here", he acrobatically dodged his punch which left a mark on the wall. "Oh wait, I'm right here! No, not there, not quite, almost, nearly" Neo kept saying after the guy missed slash after slash. 

This should give Max an opening. He's basically only focused on me now. After we deal with him, Max' rioting should make the rest a lot easier.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Minato™

Frob started shaking. His clothes! They... they wouldn't breathe anymore! Where were the pores?

He started Seeking, and he called out the investitures he sensed to his teammates. They fought as he was trapped.

Harj growled at the man as he repeatedly swung and missed. 'Fine,' he thought, then pulled out an ax and began using that instead of his fists. He was aware of the person he had been fighting, but right now he needed to kill the Rioter.

@Minato™ @I think I am here.

Grom fell to the floor, glowing with stormlight. 'There,' he targetted the other stormlight user he could see. he Lashed himself towards him, pulling a sword from his back, ready to fight.

@Ark1002 @Nohadon

Treb growled from his hiding spot in one of the hideout's several hidden rooms. he Rioted the enemy's fear, betrayal, grief, and weariness. He made sure to keep his teammates out of it, but he sometimes slipped. Well, they were fighting for their lives, so his Rioting wouldn't affect him as much. They would die if they gave in. The enemy could always retreat.

@Minato™ @I think I am here. @Ark1002 @Nohadon @Sorana

Kerl waited, a knife in his hands.

Verk ran towards the enemy, swinging a pair of axes.

Watch the guy with the Axes. Devaan warned Hellbent, assessing the fight.

A nick with our katana will suck his stormlight. The kid gave us his edgedancer abilities. I was fourth oath so if you need a hand controlling the surges let me know, but with our regrowth we'll win if it came to a battle of attrition.

7 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Verk ran towards the enemy, swinging a pair of axes.

Althea whirled around, when she saw Verk rush towards her. He was fast, swinging his axes. Instinct had her teleport out of his way and he stumbled a step before he charged her again. She was wrong here, she should have let them go alone. Tagging along when you knew you were -

An axe hit her thigh, left a large gap in her flesh behind, when Verk pulled it back. The pain cleared her mind for a moment and she was able to fight the emotions, shove them aside, reach for her usual mask of calm. With a flick of her hand she had rendered one of his axes useless, but the other one really liked to be an axe and wanted to discuss why it should be something else. Althea groped for arguments, the grief and sorrow clouding her thoughts. Max, the only time she - her eyes found Max and he was smiling, enjoyed the challenge. He was alright. Relieve pushed against the grief and -

A hand closed around her throat, slammed her back into a wall. She gagged, tried to breathe and then elsecalled out of his grip again. Concentrate, think. Verk bellowed and rushed her again and she finally had the sense to summon Brashen. Not that her skills with the halberd had improved since yesterday. But a shardweapon looked dangerous and usually people prefered to keep their distance. Verk didn't. He came up close slashed at her with his axe again. She barely evaded the blow and tried to focus, to look past the emotions, to concentrate, focus. It was so easy to soulcast his body, she'd done it before, but she needed an argument, a discussion, she needed to bribe and to convince. Walking backwards she evaded another blow, then her back hit the wall.

But I want you to!

She screamed at the axe and it crumbled beneath her will, earth dropping to the ground. Verk didn't hesitate a moment, instead he reached for her again, punched her straight in the face. Althea felt something break, her world blackening for a moment, then the stormlight rushed to her face as well, repaired the damage. Brashen pulled at her ear and only then did she realize, that she had lost her weapon sometime. She tried to breathe, couldn't and relied on the stormlight to keep her alive. That was fine. If there was one thing she could rely on it was her surges, Brashen, Max, but this wasn't about him. She needed to focus, to look through the grief, the - she elsecalled out of his grip, stumbled when she had to stand on her own. Inhaling more stormlight to ensure her body would heal she looked at Verk. She was afraid of him, it was as simple as that. She was afraid of Solace in her mind and the leader that spoke to her gave her the creeps. Shivvering, she brushed a strand of hair out of her face, her eyes focused on Verk. Fear, panic. We are all broken messes. She had been so focused on pushing her fear, her worry away, that she had forgotten something else. I like the person I have become. Her own words. And she did, she liked to laugh with Max to let him close, to be open and honest with him. She liked to care. But the moment it got difficult, the moment it was about fear, about pain she pushed it aside, memories of Septhis enveloping her, killing her from the inside. The rioter, this grief wasn't hers, but at the same time it was. It was her grief when she had learned that Max was dead, it was her devastation, her giving up in Oasis, clawing at her face to escape. She squirmed at the memories, felt her hands start shaking, her breathing picking up. Trauma, the official term, but it couldn't cover what she felt. That was it feeling. Accepting the feelings. Learn from them. A fist hit her stomach and she doubled over, groaned, strong hands gripping her shoulders. Learn from them. She'd let them control her, let her fear of her fear, of her grief consume her until she ended up a crying heap at the sight of a candle. Learn, accept. She placed a hand on his, stared into his face.

"I will accept my emotions, but I will not let them rule me.”

She had no argument for his body, except that she wanted to live and that meant he had to die. She was afraid of him, afraid of dying, but fear was powerful, as powerful as any argument.

@Gancho Libre

If you still need him, I can have her concentration break when he acts, otherwise she'll kill him.

13 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Harj growled at the man as he repeatedly swung and missed. 'Fine,' he thought, then pulled out an ax and began using that instead of his fists. He was aware of the person he had been fighting, but right now he needed to kill the Rioter.

Max saw the kid dodge and weave around the man’s attacks and he smiled. The kid was good. The man brought out an axe and swung it in a wide arc. Using the distraction the kid had caused Max charged into the man from behind, using a hip throw to send both of them to the ground. As they moved over the rock Sethramir swung in Max’s hands and he swung it directly towards the Coppercloud, his Rioting having no impact.

Sethramir cut through the man’s axe and moved to cut the man, but the momentum kept the axe head flying and it stabbed into Max’s gut.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Sethramir cut through the man’s axe and moved to cut the man, but the momentum kept the axe head flying and it stabbed into Max’s gut.

Neo was still trying to annoy the weird guy with an axe he then blinked, and suddenly the head of the axe was in Max's gut. Neo blinked again, still there, definitely not hallucinating. Neo breathed in some more stormlight, although he could tell it was depleting. He went into a freestyle dodging in order to reach max, once he did he said "Okay, this is gonna hurt a little", and he pulled the axe head out of Max's stomach area. He then touched Max's arm and started healing him with his progression.

Slicking himself, he slid across the ground, watching as the sword flew towards him. It hit him in the chest, crushing his lungs. Blood spewed from him, and he coughed large amounts of it. His stomach had been pierced, and some of the acid fell. Hellbent ignored it.

He slashed upwards, hitting the man in the groin. His stormlight faded.

Hellbent used regrowth, healing incredibly quickly. He pulled the sword out, stabbing the arm of the man to make him drop it.

He stood, a sword in each hand, glowing with stormlight.

The man stumbled backwards, sucking in some stormlight from a gem. Hellbent chuckled.

He noticed a small vine growing nearby, and used his surge. It grew quickly, spurred by his stormlight. Finally, it wrapped around the man's throat, and began to squeeze. Hellbent watched, darkly, watching the face turn purple, blue, then black. Right before he died, Hellbent split his skull with the man's own blade, then stabbed it into his chest.

Hellbent turned away, face covered in blood and guts. And grinning.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

No. Like I said that was an honest thank you. I'm glad Althea missed Max getting hurt. She's stressed out enough as it is.

Oh okay! In that case, you're welcome.

10 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Slicking himself, he slid across the ground, watching as the sword flew towards him. It hit him in the chest, crushing his lungs. Blood spewed from him, and he coughed large amounts of it. His stomach had been pierced, and some of the acid fell. Hellbent ignored it.

He slashed upwards, hitting the man in the groin. His stormlight faded.

Hellbent used regrowth, healing incredibly quickly. He pulled the sword out, stabbing the arm of the man to make him drop it.

He stood, a sword in each hand, glowing with stormlight.

The man stumbled backwards, sucking in some stormlight from a gem. Hellbent chuckled.

He noticed a small vine growing nearby, and used his surge. It grew quickly, spurred by his stormlight. Finally, it wrapped around the man's throat, and began to squeeze. Hellbent watched, darkly, watching the face turn purple, blue, then black. Right before he died, Hellbent split his skull with the man's own blade, then stabbed it into his chest.

Hellbent turned away, face covered in blood and guts. And grinning.

As Neo was healing Max, he noticed Devaan, or better, Hellbent killing the person he was fighting. Neo, immediately put his stormlight back into his gems, letting Max suffer for a little bit. He then used his monocle on the person with stormlight, looking at him directly focusing. Come on, come on... I am out of stormlight, I am out of stormlight, let me share that with you. He immediately glowed again with stormlight, as he bestowed his lack of stormlight onto the poor guy, replacing neo's lack of stormlight with his. He went to heal Max again, feeling useful, for once.