Scadrian Murder Mystery

Nohadon

5 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

The old lady stood up

”I really must be going now” she told the two of them and began to walk out the door 

“No, no you don’t,” Csilen said as he raised the gun and stepped in front of her. He began storing Connection and his smirk drifted to a frown and his eyes grew icy or menacing. The effect it gave off was actively making everyone less Connected. Making him appear more detached, less likable, and less friendly. And of course, it did make him less friendly has well.

“Now sit back down. We have some more questions for you.”

On 3/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, I think I am here. said:

“No, no you don’t,” Csilen said as he raised the gun and stepped in front of her. He began storing Connection and his smirk drifted to a frown and his eyes grew icy or menacing. The effect it gave off was actively making everyone less Connected. Making him appear more detached, less likable, and less friendly. And of course, it did make him less friendly has well.

“Now sit back down. We have some more questions for you.”

The lady smiled 

“You won’t kill me” she told the two of them.

She then tried to leave again. 

Marianne smiled at the woman, it wasn't entirely honest, but then she was still nicer then Csilen.

"Where do you live?"

She asked with a short glance at Csilen. Hopefully he would understand, that she had a plan.

Can I place her accent? Her cloths or maybe some gestures? Where does she seem to come from?

@Nohadon

"Please, sir, I'd just like to see my granddaughter! I've done nothing wrong and I don't have to answer your questions" She pleaded, her accent was from Elendel, inner octants, most likely. She wore fairly nondescript clothing, a purple woolen overcoat worn over a shirt and a long skirt. 

"I'm from Elendel. Please, ma'am let me go"

Marianne opened her nook and wrote something down, showed it to Csilen.

Her behaviour changes. Self confident, begging, it's not consistent.

She wasn't sure if it was important, but then you never knew.

"Just tell me how you managed to travel faster than a train."

She asked her smiling.

Csilen nodded or Marianne and wrote something of his own down, showing it to her.

Agreed. I hate people who switch personalities at the drop of a hat. Right psychos, they are.

He didn’t know whether he could portray sarcasm across text, but he hoped he could. He gave her a flat look, and tapped more Connection, targeting it at the old lady. His words came out in an Elendel inner octant dialect, and his actions became calm and kind to the lady. Gently he rested a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m not going to lie,” he said. “We have your granddaughter right outside this room. We came prepared, you see. We just said we didn’t know so you’d talk, but I promise if you can tell us how you got here so fast,” he dropped his voice to a whisper. “We can show you your granddaughter.”

Marianne raised an eyebrow at Csilen when she read what he wrote. Sarcasm? Or did he mean it? She wasn't sure, mostly because he was changing personalities all the time. Which seemed to be helpful, maybe she should ask him if he was looking for work. Search for those who tried to betray her family.

She listened to his words and felt sorry for the old lady. He was lying so easily and she believed her, when she said she couldn't remember. So the question was, how did she come here, without remembering her travel? She held her book to her chest and turned the question around in her mind. There had to be a way. Somehow?

Delete memories? Change them or render them unable for use?

She wrote beneath his answer and handed the book back to Csilen.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, I think I am here. said:

“I’m not going to lie,” he said. “We have your granddaughter right outside this room. We came prepared, you see. We just said we didn’t know so you’d talk, but I promise if you can tell us how you got here so fast,” he dropped his voice to a whisper. “We can show you your granddaughter.”

"I- I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you... I was called over here, I remember packing, and then being at the station to pick my granddaughter up?"

How, though? He wrote back to Marianne. As for speed, maybe she’s a steel runner or coinshot?

He thought about it for a second, then wrote. Or she got on the train and killed everyone else without remembering it.

“That’s okay,” He said to the lady. It seems she really didn’t remember. “Do you have any Allomancy or Feruchemy?”

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

How, though? He wrote back to Marianne. As for speed, maybe she’s a steel runner or coinshot?

He thought about it for a second, then wrote. Or she got on the train and killed everyone else without remembering it.

“That’s okay,” He said to the lady. It seems she really didn’t remember. “Do you have any Allomancy or Feruchemy?”

We should check her for hidden metal reserves. If she forgot how she came here, maybe she forgot what she can do. I don't know much about Feruchemy though, what you can do, what the limits are. 

Did you take a look at the corpses. She's an old woman maybe the wounds could offer some clues if she could have done it. 

The man holding the spearhead perked up at the word 'Allomancy,' clutching his spearhead a little tighter.

"Allomancy? Dear me no. I'm just ordinary" The old lady told Csilsen.

"Is it ok if I leave now? I'm sure my granddaughter would be worried about me now"

On 20/03/2019 at 0:24 PM, Nohadon said:

The man holding the spearhead perked up at the word 'Allomancy,' clutching his spearhead a little tighter.

"Allomancy? Dear me no. I'm just ordinary" The old lady told Csilsen.

"Is it ok if I leave now? I'm sure my granddaughter would be worried about me now"

Csilen looked to Marianne.

“Sure. We’d just like to search you for anything you might be holding on your person. Hopefully you’re not too uncomfortable with that?” He dangled his pistol dangerously, by his side.

• 2 weeks later...