The Western Village

beantheboy12

“Rust and Ruin!” Csilen exclaimed, looking to where the people had just been. He’d just managed to get to the scene of the crime.

“They’re not here,” his leading officer said. “You’ve led us on a wild goose chase, officer. We go back to base now.”

“I know they’re here!” Csilen said. “I just saw them, they teleported -”

“We go back to base. That’s a direct order, Csilen.” Csilen, sighed, and nodded silently.

“That’s what I thought. Rusting Csilen. When will you learn your place? I’m the leader here, not you. Bloody Connector.”

They were alone, in an alley. Csilen walked after his leader quietly, his tail between his legs. The fugitives were here. And his officer was letting them run.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he stored Connection. He became something else. Apathetic. Emotionless. Calmy he shot his leading officer in the back of his head.

He began to tap Connection, and suddenly he was hit with shock, he ran to his squad. “Head Officer Sinad is dead!” The extra connection made his lies more believable. “I saw him get shot by the fugitives.” Which meant as second in command, Csilen was now the leader of the Constabulary unit. He stopped tapping.

“Now, I want a perimeter of officers around this entire village! No one gets in or out, and we’ll slowly advance inward. Now go!”

AJ stood up in the dim alley. The acronym may have been the same but he felt more comfortable. "Stay here. Hopefully, a skybreaker won't lash you to the ground again. I'm going to get something to help with that ankle. And, well... Supplies."

He walked out and noticed a patrol of police. So he walked back to the alley and tore up his clothing, messed up his hair, rubbed dirt on his face, and cloaked himself in a dirty brown sheet. "This'll be hard. I will try to get back soon."

AJ walked to the shady sector of town, where the black market lurked. He glanced about at the scary people nearby. They would kill him in a heartbeat if he stole anything. He would have to do this sub-honest. He walked to the medallion stand and ordered an unsealed gold mind, steel mind, and pewter mind. It cost an alarming amount of money, but he would just steal it back later.

He left the dreadful area and returned to the alley with the medallions.

Another megaphone. Csilen took it from his lower ranking officer and stood on top of a building, officers behind him.

“Attention, citizens!” He said. Though it was hard to get authority through his regular, tired self, the megaphone amplified it enough.

“The village is now under a state of quarantine under the Elendel Constabulary. We now know of fugitives in the area, and ask to give us their location if sighted.”

It wasn’t working. He needed more authority. Hesitatingly he stored Connection.

“If it is discovered you are harbouring these fugitives you will be shot on sight. If you lie to us about them you will be shot on sight. If you conduct business with them you will be shot on sight. If you try to leave without proper authority you will be shot on sight. And if you question our authority, shot on sight. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.”

He turned to the officers behind him, they looked mortified at their new orders to shoot people on sight, but what could they do? They weren’t in charge. Csilen was.

Edited by I think I am here.

:ph34r:'d by Star!

AJ was in shock, she had just shoved him against the wall. "I- I'm a-"

He came back to his senses. "Why should I tell you that? I'm the one who just bought you storming expensive items."

Edited by beantheboy12

AJ sighed. The logical side of his brain begged him to just teleport away. She was slowing him down anyway. But he couldn't bring himself to after what he did to her had truly reached him. He looked at her eyes and then sighed.

"Everything. I've done every crime that could be committed. On multiple worlds multiple times. I was calamity's pawn until just recently."