Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

Shae looked at him, humming softly. "Um... my lord? Are you alright? Is there any way I can help you?" He hummed, slightly concerned about Dan. He did care for everyone, and seeing someone so obviously upset made him want to help undo their negative emotion. That was an actual habit he'd formed since arriving, one he was proud of. 

He nodded, thinking about that. "I understand... I know it may be surprising, but... I do know how to take a man down, and I've killed before. I'm just... very happy to be past that point in my life..." He grimaced, then continued. "But, to be frank, my lord is simply a title I use to indicate that I respect someone. Slightly old-fashioned of me, I know, but regardless, since that is the case, you fit the title. I do apologize if it annoys you. Maybe you could help me on an art project to calm down? I have a few clay pots and bowls that I'm hoping to get finished and fired before the end of the day, if you'd like to help." He smiled, bowing slightly to them. The man reminded him of an aristocrat in so many ways... old habits he'd thought were almost dead seemed to come alive around people like him. Luckily, there weren't many in this place.

8 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

The man reminded him of an aristocrat in so many ways...

It's official: Dan has turned into Wereci.

He still doesn't get that I hate it when people respect me, does he? "Don't bow, or call me Lord," Dan growled. And apparently Shae had had a rough patch somewhere in his life. Well, everybody did. "I'll help with your pots if you don't try to respect me overmuch, okay?"

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae blinked, then nodded to Erlend, a bit uneasy. Still... he'd try. "As you wish, my... er... D-Dan..." he stumbled over his words, feeling awkward at the unfamiliar request. He'd try his best to respect him though... He nodded to the door. "Um... I'll lead you to my at room. The children don't take my class all to often, so I shouldn't have any show up for another few hours. Thank you for the help." He smiled, feeling a distinct discomfort as he kept himself from nodding. This would be hard...

Shae is so adorable.

Wow, he's really used to doing that, Dan thought as a grin crept onto his face. He showed his fangs, then realized that he was showing his fangs, and wiped all expression from his face. "Okay, I'll follow you," Dan said as he looked down on Shae.

@ShadowLord_Lith

"My smile looks like a snarl," Dan said, following Shae with a carefully casual pace to his steps. "I was told that by a man who had bigger teeth than me, and was ten times as scary." As Dan walked into the light of day outside of the church, he spread his wings and beat them a few times, to enjoy the wind. He smiled unconsciously as cold air hit his face, and took off, flying up to the high tower of the cathedral and perching on it for a second, then around the building. 

As he saw Shae again, he was reminded that he had a Sisters-cursed job to do, so he dropped back down to the path and folded his wings. "Sorry, I just got a little caught up in the wind," he said to Shae.

@ShadowLord_Lith

He jumped in shock at the sudden take off, watching him fly around before returning, then bit his lip and smiled at what he'd said. "My... Dan, it's fine. I'd probably do the same if I could fly. I can't imagine what it's like to live with that kind of freedom... if you'd rather fly, I won't mind. It'll just take me a few more hours to finish. It's hardly any trouble." He smiled, meaning it. He hated when people had their freedom restricted by anyone except themselves. He wouldn't force Dan into anything- it would have to be his choice. 

He hesitated, then pointed. He might enjoy flying, who knows. Besides, at the very least, it'd be a once on a lifetime opportunity. "The school building. I teach in the art studio." He smiled, then nodded without thinking to Dan, freezing and biting his lip as he grimaced, trying to pay closer attention to his actions. "Um... sorry... Thank you for doing this." He smiled again. "And you aren't really right. I don't think you're snarling when you grin. Your eyes look to happy for that."

"Thanks," Dan said, and picked Shae up, then took off with a little extra effort. He soared at a fairly low altitude towards the school for thirty seconds, then alit back on the ground, careful so as to not make Shae throw up or anything. Normal humans were so fragile and breakable about this sort of thing. Dan set Shae back on his feet, then folded his wings. "You're not too traumatized, are you?" Dan asked sarcastically.

@ShadowLord_Lith

He blinked, the quick experience over too fast. "Um... no... that was actually really fun. Thank you..." He was a little breathless from how fast that had been, but he was smiling. "Come along, I'll show you my workspace." He smiled, gesturing for Dan to follow as he led him. 

This guy smiles a lot, Dan thought. Dan wasn't used to people being happy as much as Shae apparently was. Well, I'd better get used to it, since I'll be working with him for the foreseeable future. He followed Shae into the building, though enclosed spaces this small always gave him an irritating sense of claustrophobia. His hackles went up, and he didn't try to calm himself. Being on guard was one thing he didn't need to stop himself from doing.

Shae led him into the art studio, a large space with high ceilings. He hummed, looking around. "The clay is over here... I'll watch your back. You can relax, if you want to." He stepped over to the clay, setting up what they'd need to craft the bowls and pots. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Her striped over to the clay, arting

Your phone does not like you. "He strode over to the clay, gathering"?

Dan stretched his wings out in the space of the art studio, glad for the higher walls, though he was still uneasy in the limited space. It felt like everything was hitting his eyes too hard in the finite room, whereas outside everything was far enough away that he could actually see. Dan had zero artistic talent that he knew of, but, after stretching out his arms and shoulders and flexing his fingers, he slowly followed Shae, sniffing the unfamiliar scents of clay and paint, and glaze and canvas. They weren't entirely unpleasant smells, but still seemed suspiciously clean to him. He'd been raised on a tropical island, then again, so everything seemed too clean to him.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Sigh... no it doesn't...

He smiled rolling up his sleeves. "Alright... first you put the clay on the wheel here, them you step on this pedal to get it moving. Keep pressing on the pedal until it's moving fast enough, then press it enough to keep it spinning as you shape the clay. All we need are bowls and pots, so it shouldn't be too difficult. They don't have to be beautiful, after all." He smiled. 

"It would be unreasonable," Dan pointed out in a deadpan voice, "for them to be half as beautiful as I am." Okay, how hard can this be? Just need to get the thing in a round shape. Right. I can probably do this. Dan hesitantly stepped on the pedal of one of the spinny-things after putting enough clay on the table-thing on top. It started spinning, and he stepped on it harder, then reached forward and pressed the flat of his hand against the clay. It started making an even pattern all around the base of the clay, and he stared at it for a moment, then stepped down on the pedal harder. 

The clay flew out and tried to attack him, but he punched it midair and sent it flying away. 

"Umm, yeah," Dan said after a moment. "That was totally on purpose. I totally meant to kill that thing." Dan walked over and picked up the clay, then put it back on the decelerating wheel and stared at it.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

He chuckled. "Wow... don't move too fast. As for beauty, I don't know if you're skilled enough to accomplish that." He smiled, meaning the compliment entirely innocently. All living things were beautiful in his eyes. He began working the clay himself, doing so very easily and effectively. 

"Holy Sisters, lathdayin," Dan said as he watched Shae go to town on the clay. He made it look so easy. So Dan turned back to the clay on his wheel and glared at it for a moment with a vicious scowl on his face, then relaxed and pressed the pedal down with the tips of his claws, carefully. It began spinning slowly, and he pressed harder until it was going at a decent speed, then maintained that speed and started clumsily shaping the clay. This is kinda fun. I wonder if Shae would let me come by some other time and help him out, maybe in exchange for a flight? He opened his mouth to suggest it to Shae, then closed his mouth and continued working. I'm not here to make friends, I've got to remember that. I'm here to be a bodyguard for the boss when he needs me.

@ShadowLord_Lith