Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

There's still one slot available, Ash, so I'll put you on the list for now. Since you did submit last week, I'll ask you to just keep an eye on this thread until the actual submission date rolls around--the same goes for Robinski since he's been submitting fairly frequently. Just in case there's a burst of last-minute interest and I need to ask somebody to step back. :)

Everybody, this is the time to say Mazal Tov! I just measured my now-submission-ready story ("History of Equality"), and it is technically almost 200 words above the flash fiction limit, which is about twice my biggest piece so far! So you are most probably going to get a short story from me tomorrow.

Sorry, by the way, I know that this is sort of spam - I just had to share in one way or another, and submitting a day too soon seemed like bending the rules just a bit too much.

Love you all!

*kisses a random person on the lips*

*startled, Mark punches Tal in the face*

*Tal, too excited to notice, waltzes away with a broken nose and a red-stained shirt*

*Minotaur sees red and charges, frenzied*

*Tal ignores getting squashed by two hundred kilos of muscle*

*Chuck Norris is impressed*

(okay, that is certainly enough foolishness)

*giggle snort*

Ahem. What?

Mark: Since it's pretty easy* to download a Word/open office/whatever file from a Google doc anyway, I don't really see why that shouldn't work--objections, anyone?

* Also, I say this as someone who doesn't use Google docs much myself, so if I'm somehow mistaken about this and you'd really rather just download a Word attachment than shed three drops of blood and dance in a circle under the light of the waxing moon, or whatever else Google docs requires people to do that I don't know about before they can access Docs files, uhh, correct me and I'll revise my answer accordingly.

Since you mention Google docs, and since it hasn't really garnered much of a response so far, I should also point out that there's been some recent discussion about switching submission methods to Google drive. A basic description of how that would work and the benefits are described in the thread I just linked. As far as I know the "test" Drive folder (see what I did there) is already up and running--though EndurantArchivist, who took the initiative to set it up, may correct me on this one--I've asked the people interested in exploring it or who already know they'd prefer submissions in that format to treat it as an "extra" for now, since I don't want to implement any changes to submission style without more feedback from other RE members.

tl,dr; Yes, that's proably fine, and also, check out this thread.

Thanks Silk. And yes, it is quite easy to download the google doc as any file you want.

And I checked out the thread and damnation, EndurantArchivist sure planned it out well. It looks like a really good system, I'd happily use it, though obviously not as a complete substitute for the current system. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Commandante Lemming and Mark so far for Monday. Mark, it probably won't be a problem unless there's a lot of interest between now and then--just keep an eye on this thread in case I do need to ask anyone to delay.

I'm in the same boat as Mark - I've got stuff I can send but only if theres room. I've been submitting a lot so I don't want to bore people or turn them off with something labelled "Chapter 6" or whatever. Granted I've also got a short story lying around so I could send that for filler.

Either way - put me down as "filler if, and only if, there's room".