I hope this topic can focus specifically on speculation about interacting magical systems. The topic should be general enough to allow meandering thoughts. Let me kick off with a few quick theories:

A forger can create essence marks that can change a misting or ferring into a full mistborn or feruchemist:

The idea here is that the cognitive realm can influence the spiritual realm just as it can change the physical. All current mistings and ferrings are descendants of full mistborn or feruchemists. The forger creates an essence mark that changes their history so that the power was passed in full rather simply in part.

I imagine that the essence mark would be more involved the more generations that separate the individual from their mistborn or feruchemist ancestor.

Bonus: A twinborn can have an essence mark created that grants them both full mistborn and feruchemist powers. Scary.

An Individual with a bonded Seon on Roshar can manifest effects based on the Seon's Aon:

Seons and spren are very similar in nature and form a similar bond to humans. The idea is that they are similar enough that the Seon bond would allow a human to absorb stormlight just as the Nahel bond does.

A necessary supporting theory is that the region locking of Aons is due the process that the Dor is brought forth; however, the shaping of the investiture is independent of region, thus investiture fed directly to an Aon would cause a region independent effect. So an individual full of stormlight could feed it through the Aon in their Seon in order to create effects.

Yep Brandon has said there are ways of hacking the magic systems so that one type can fuel another type.  Have a WoB!

Q:  If an Elantrian bonded to a Seon and traveled to Roshar, would that act as a Nahel bond?
A:  It would act very very similarly, yes. But it would be like… it wouldn't necesarily do the exact same things.  It would be treated the exact same way, but wouldn't grant the same powers.

• Chaos locked this topic