Aliases

Mailliw73

Who has more Aliases, Hoid or Vasher?

The ones I can think of for Vasher are: Vasher, Zahel, Talaxin, Warbreaker, Kalad, Peacegiver, his name before Returning, and Strifelover.

Hoid's: Hoid, his previous name, Wit, Imperial Fool, Roamer, and Dust.

Who do you think actually has more pseudonyms though?

Edited by Mailliw73

I think a major difference between the two is that Vasher is a major historical and legendary figure on Nalthis, while we have no idea how Hoid is viewed by his own people. Also, the term "alias" has a slightly different meaning than what I think you are suggesting, it being a name of a persona one has taken. Hoid has a ton of aliases, while Vasher has a lot of names and titles he has been given by people over the years.

In the end, I would say Vasher has been known by more names during his life, while Hoid has had more true aliases.

Hoid has an interesting name among the Horneaters:

“Lunu’anaki,” Rock said, “is god of travel and mischief. Very powerful god. He came from depths of peak ocean, from realm of gods.”

My money is on Hoid. He's started several organizations, or been involved in them (Worldbringers/Worldsingers), and is known on multiple planets by multiple civilizations.

I guess i mean taking different names upon themselves, so both of what you are saying combined, true aliases and names they have been known by.

Given that, then I agree with Shardlet that Hoid definitely has far more names, given that he is older, has tons of different personas, and has been to tons of planets. Given Moogle's comment, he has also had a great effect on whole nations/civilizations. So yeah.

• Chaos locked this topic