Book 3 cover

bdoble97

I love WOK & WOR cover to me WOK cover is amazing I love seeing the solder with his back to us standing holding his shardblade and in his shardplate. To me I really would love to see Adolin on the cover of book 3 seeing him in his shardplate on pg 513 was badasss. I know book 3 is going to  be Szeth's book but I cant see the cover having a villain on the cover. Im thinking with the the 2 cover that they did for WOR they may have Szeth on the 2nd cover.  To me the shardplate is the coolest armor in any epic fantasy book that I have read so I really would love to Adolin in all his glory in his shardplate plus his Shardblade  is wicked badass.  

I love WOK & WOR cover to me WOK cover is amazing I love seeing the solder with his back to us standing holding his shardblade and in his shardplate. To me I really would love to see Adolin on the cover of book 3 seeing him in his shardplate on pg 513 was badasss. I know book 3 is going to be Szeth's book but I cant see the cover having a villain on the cover. Im thinking with the the 2 cover that they did for WOR they may have Szeth on the 2nd cover. To me the shardplate is the coolest armor in any epic fantasy book that I have read so I really would love to Adolin in all his glory in his shardplate plus his Shardblade is wicked badass.

First, a small quibble, Szeth seems more like an anti-hero than a villain, but I agree that he most likely won't be on the cover. This was Shallan's book, and Kaladin and Szeth stole her cover. I definitely would love to see the Kholin clan on the cover, but before Adolin, I'd love to see Jasnah. Especially if it's the image from the epilogue, or interacting with her spren.

If it does turn out to be Adolin, it would be even better to see an action scene, him in a sword stance in the middle of a duel? Him standing in front of Dalinar protecting him from Parshendi?

If it does turn out to be Szeth, it would be great to get a picture of him and Nalan standing on a mountain range between Shinovar and the rest of the Roshar, one side a green lush paradise, the other side and storm torn land.

Upvote for a great topic choice!

Edited by EMTrevor

Szeth isn't a villain. Like EMTrevor said, he's more of an anti-hero if anything.

Personally, I'd love it if the next cover followed a different template than this one. Instead of major characters in an action pose on the Shattered Plains, why not show Shallan studying in Urithiru? Or show Jasnah wearing her bandolier hiking through a forest.

Or my dream cover, however unlikely it is to happen: a determined Szeth walking through a field in Shinovar, a smoking black sword sheathed at his hip.

EDIT: I don't know how I missed this in my brief readthrough of the thread:

If it does turn out to be Szeth, it would be great to get a picture of him and Nalan standing on a mountain range between Shinovar and the rest of the plant, one side a green lush paradise, the other side and storm torn land.

That's my new dream cover. Though I still want Nightblood on it.

Edited by Kobold King

I can't help but seeing Adolin in his shardplate stormlight leaking out it with him fighting row after row of Parshendi in stormform redlighting falling all around him with Dalinar in the background using his new powers. And then for inside "2nd"cover Szeth with his black smoking sword getting ready his revenge. Book 3 can't come out fast anuff

If it does turn out to be Szeth, it would be great to get a picture of him and Nalan standing on a mountain range between Shinovar and the rest of the Roshar, one side a green lush paradise, the other side and storm torn land.

Wrapping around to the back cover, we see the Everstorm about to hit - or passing over - Shinovar.

Wrapping around to the back cover, we see the Everstorm about to hit - or passing over - Shinovar.

Ok, I'm officially in love with this idea. It fits the storm theme of previous covers while having a totally different and terrifying setting, and it practically oozes awesomeness.

Just marginally worried that Nightblood would be a spoiler for those who have read Warbreaker, but not WoR yet.

Edited by Delightful

It'd probably be sheathed on his back, wouldn't it? I think it's too long to be sheathed on your hip.

While packing a sword on your back does look awesome. It is highly impractical to draw. If you ever watch Game of Thrones. You'll notice you never see The Hound draw his sword on his back. It's always a cut then he's holding his blade. It's really awesome to see a stoic hero, sword sheathed and ready on his back. It just looks weird and awkward to draw a sword from that position. Especially if it's of a longer length. Your sheath would have to be loose on the bottom and you'd then have to drag the sword across your shoulder, it's just a mess. Anyways, I agree it would be bad chull.

If I remember correctly Brandon mentioned a while back that he would like to have Shallan on the cover of Book 3, and so would I for that matter.  It would be keeping with the pattern of having the main figure being the focus character of the previous book (if you loop Book 5 to Book 1 that is).  I think it would be really cool to have Shallan be on a raft of beads or something in Shadesmar as the cover.

Maybe we will get a Where's Waldo themed cover, with a load of people on it and one of them is Hoid!  ... but which one?

Or my dream cover, however unlikely it is to happen: a determined Szeth walking through a field in Shinovar, a smoking black sword sheathed at his hip.

On a serious note, ^This please :)

I noticed that so far, the flashback character is not on the cover of their book, but the one following. Kal was on book two after his flashbacks I book one and, if you make the first five book arc into a circle, book one can be seen as after five which is Dalinar's Flashbacks and he is on the cover of book one. So my theory is that Shallan will be on the cover of book three. Though this is by no men's certain and probably more of a coincidence.

Hmm... Dream cover ideas?

A picture of Jasnah, one with her doing her ranged soulcasting against a mob of Parshendi. Hand extended, lightning arcing from her fingertips to a group of Parshendi, several of which are already piles of dust floating to the ground. The Parshendi, meanwhile, are shooting back their tempests of red lightning, little storm clouds intermingling with red sparks surround them as tendrils of lightning creep towards Jasnah, glowing with her own Stormlight. To stick with the storm on the cover theme, behind Jasnah would be the Highstorm, and behind the Parshendi would be the Everstorm, the two storms once again about to collide, bringing with them imminent destruction.

• Chaos locked this topic