Era 2 Ventures

Invocation

It would be quite a number I'd guess but not necessarily descendents of the Ventures we know. 

Questioner

I was reading Shadows of Self and i think his name is Douglas Venture, how does that work out. I'm not quite sure. I know, so, Elend is not around anymore and I know his dad wasn't the nicest of people, so is he like a direct descendant?

Brandon Sanderson

He is not a direct descendant of Elend. The Ventures were an entire house, so there would have been dozens and dozens of them.

source

There's also Felt who's from House Venture but not actually a Venture (afaik).

19 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Did not know Felt was from House Venture. Thanks for the info!

He worked for house Venture. But like Extesian said, not actually a venture. 

Brandon Sanderson

Felt

Oh, and Felt gets a mention here. I don't know if you remember him from book one, but he was the spy who Elend sent to tail Vin one night and figure out who she truly was. He was loyal to house Venture, and Elend inherited Felt from his father when Straff fled Luthadel and left behind most of his servants and men.

A third son of a very minor nobleman, Felt is used to working for a living—something that does happen to a lot of nobility in this world, even if the ones you see most of the time are either too busy ruling, stealing, or going to war to bother with things like that.

source

• Chaos locked this topic