Ketek meaning

Laryna

"Above silence- the illuminating storms- dying storms- illuminate the silence above. "

In one WoB, it was confirmed that this ketek refers to Honor's death & the part "Above silence" means above a silent land.

Is it possible that until Honor's death, highstorms did not contain stormlight? Maybe when Honor died, he changed the system so that highstorms would be able to contain stormlight and distribute it over the "silent" (powerless) land, granting people the ability to surgebind.

We know that the Heralds received their Blades from Honor, and using them requires lots of stormlight, but is it written anywhere that the Heralds obtained their stormlight from spheres? It is highly unlikely, since they fought in primitive times.

Perhaps they got their stormlight directly from Honor?

Edited by Alka

Closest I have is this:

Q:  Do highstorms get weaker as they move west because of normal meteorological reasons the same way a hurricane gets weaker over land or is it because they slowly drain investiture as they infuse spheres over the whole continent?
A:  Both.  He said that anything like that will be affected by both normal science as well as the magic, but then he added that the highstorms are a natural occurring phenomenon that were on the planet before stuff started going down. I didn't get this confirmed, but I think he meant the stormlight part of the storm was added later, I'm assuming by a Shard.

• Chaos locked this topic