Kaladin's future girlfriend

Wolf Brother

I have read through many of the theories of Kaladin falling in love with Shallan, Jasnah, Laral. Which all have their good points.

But both times I read ch.25 "Monsters" I get this vibe between Kaladin and the lighteye stablemaster Jenet.

First she had a tauntness to her face he didnt expect. Which could mean she had a hard life.

Second she is very skilled in a profession that is thought of as being "masculine". Which could mean she has a strong personality.

Third she is kind of rude and arrogant like Kaladin. "She lacked a polished refinement that Kaladin had come to expect in lighteyed women, and he found it refreshing. Better a woman who was overtly condescending than the alternative."

I hope I am not the only one to think and hope that Kaladin and Jenet become a couple later.

You are not the only one to think that they might be cute together, if Kaladin can get over his "grr lighteyes" phase. Jenet didn't seem to care about the whole light eye/dark eye issue, just that ignorant men were going to touch her precious horses. I liked how Kaladin thought her lecture was the most boring thing in the world, but he still managed to absorb it and name the various tack and the theory of riding. Also, she throws rocks at Adolin, which is just awesome. :) Even if they don't get together, Kaladin needs more friends.

As an aside I would like to see Jenet's commentary on Kaladin and/or Shallan vs their hypothetical future Ryshadium*. The Ryshadium are huge, fast, and magically strong-willed horses that were associated with the Radiants, but both Shallan and Kaladin don't like horses, because they are intimidatingly large, fast and have minds of their own. Jenet would despair of them both. Probably at length.

*at the end of Way of Kings, Gallant lets a slightly glowing Kaladin take his reins and lead him through the circle of Parshendi to Dalinar; In Words of Radiance, Dalinar has to sweet-talk Gallant into letting Adolin even touch the reins. I wonder if Ryshadium can recognize Radiants instinctively and that's why he let Kaladin near? or is Gallant just smart enough to go along with the "get him close to Dalinar" plan rather than be picky in the heat of battle?

There was an awesome post on the Vasher = Zahel thread about the possibility that maybe Jenet, she of the awesome stone throw an the no-nonsense attitude, is none other than the equally awesome Vivenna from Warbreaker, since the simple thought of her being dead is unacceptable and Jenet is pretty much the only female character with screentime who isn't either 1) definitively not a world-hopper or 2) dead.

I thought it was a cute theory. Now, after writing this.... JUST IMAGINE how potentially great a Vivenna/Kaladin pairing could be.

Sadly, Worldhoppers seem to be doing important things at the moment, and likely don't have the time to slow down and hang around with people who aren't in the loop. 

Also, telling the reigns to strangle things. For some reason, that image is just perfect to me.

Sadly, Worldhoppers seem to be doing important things at the moment, and likely don't have the time to slow down and hang around with people who aren't in the loop. 

You mean, like Vasher is busy telling Renarin to thrown himself off a building? :D

On the grand scale of the Cosmere, training a Truthwatcher to know what he's doing in a set of Shardplate a few weeks before a Desolation seems to actually be pretty important, but whatever, I refuse to start that debate again.

• Chaos locked this topic