[OB] Ideas on how to eliminate the Fused problem

Gasper

On 5/6/2018 at 5:47 PM, Gasper said:

I know that putting the Parshmen back into slave form would be bad, but could there be a way to place a lock on their gem hearts. Say, encase them in aluminum. that way a fused cant bind to them.

Or innoculate the Parshmen by giving them regular spren before the Voidspren can break in?

On 5/7/2018 at 3:35 AM, vikorr said:

The only source we have of the 5th ideal originates in Nale/Nin - with talk of the higher power of the 5th ideal. So that certainly suggests special powers. 

He does not mention the 5th ideal only in relation to skybreakers - he attaches no order name to the discussion (that I remember). Other than his mentioning the 5th ideal, I'm pretty sure all other mentions of the KR throughout the books speak of only 4 ideals. That makes the 5th rare.

Doesn't he say the he "became the law" once he swore the 5th ideal? I thought the 5th ideal might be saying that you are upheld as the figurehead of an ideal and youre actions are seen as being "justice" or "truth" or "compassion" or whatever. 

8 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

Doesn't he say the he "became the law" once he swore the 5th ideal? I thought the 5th ideal might be saying that you are upheld as the figurehead of an ideal and youre actions are seen as being "justice" or "truth" or "compassion" or whatever. 

Maybe they become Judge Dredd when they swear the 5th ideal.

• Chaos locked this topic