Where Teft Went...

rhaiynebow

Does anyone know where Teft went when he seemed to disappear for a time? I searched "Teft" on the forums, but didn't see anything related. Sorry if this was already asked.

We don't know what we don't know, but I didn't know if anyone had any thoughts on where he was or what he might be doing. I don't think it's anything Envisinger (sp?) related, but it IS most definitely odd that he made himself scarce.

And on a side note, any idea who the ardent is in the same passage where Kaladin realizes that Teft hasn't been around?

Where was Teft, anyway? He'd gone on the patrol with them, and now he'd vanished. Kaladin glanced over his shoulder but didn't see him; perhaps he'd gone to check on some of the other bridge crews. He did catch Rock shooing away a lanky man in an ardent's robe.

"What was that?" Kaladin asked, catching the Horneater as he passed.

"That one," Rock said. "Keeps loitering here with sketchbook. Wants to draw bridgemen. Ha! Because we are famous you see."

Kaladin frowned. Strange actions for an ardent - but, then, all ardents were strange, to an extent.

It might have been just highlighting that Bridge four are now free men and can go where they want instead of being clustered together all the time.

But knowing BS it will probably be dire Intel in the future books and will be referenced in the cosmere somewhere :P  

Yes, it could be that he was just showing the freedom that bridge four now has, but that just seems too obvious/easy to me. But I tend to over think things ;)

Also, Kaladin again mentions that he's missing:

"Funny what a couple of days spend marching as a unit can do to soldiers," Kaladin said. "Have you seen Teft?"

"No, sir," Sigzil said.

And this just happened to be the night of a Highstorm, but not sure if that's important or not.

Then when Teft reappears:

"Where were you the other night?" Kaladin asked, looking up toward the crack of open sky above.

"I was off duty, sir," Teft said. "Went to see what I could find in the market. Do I need to report every little thing I do?"

"You went to the market," Kaladin said, "in a highstorm?"

"Time may have gotten away from me for a breath or two..." Teft said, looking away.

I heard he went and met up with Zahel drinking ale and glaring at young Brightlords

Eh, after the line he said

"Time may have gotten away from me for a breath or two..." Teft said, looking away."

I could see him going and hanging with Zahel.  That is very peculiar wording.

But more likely he was trying to get ahold of old Envisagers, or was doing something crazy out in a Highstorm. : /

There's probably still more to Teft's back story that we've yet to learn. Remember that at the beginning of WoR, Kaladin is beaming because Teft is such a natural leader, but Teft gets all dark about it and tries to wave it off. I'm not sure if the rest of his mysterious past has to do with where he disappeared off to, but we can't pretend like we understand his character fully just yet.

• Chaos locked this topic