EHyde

(yes, the thread title is a pun)

After reading WoR, I decided to take Shallan's new chapter symbol (Pattern) and chart it into a knitting pattern, because I like doing fandom-inspired knitting projects and because a circular symbol with six-sided rotational symmetry is just asking to be put on a hat (and then I'll be a symbolhead!).

pattern-chart.PNG

(this repeats six times, knit in the round, like pieces of a pie -- the point at the top is the center of the symbol)

I am in the process of test-knitting this now, I'm hoping to have it finished before I go to Brandon's signing on the 21st.

I will definitely post a picture when it's done!

I have not done any Sanderson knitting before this, though I've seen a few other people do so -- someone made a scarf with the allomantic symbols and someone else did a couple of glyphs from WoK as a cabling pattern, which looked really cool.

Here's my finished hat!

pattern-hat.jpg

I did get it finished in time to wear to the signing, that was a lot of fun (Brandon liked it!). I also made some changes to the chart as I was working, so I'm updating the image in the first post.