Parshmen Fate (Spoilers)

wolverinehokie

I know other threads have discussed whether all Parshmen/Parshendi are going to all get made into evil red-eyed Parshendi, or if they can hide indoors to avoid it. My thought is they should be able to hide. But either way, I have an issue with the Alethi abandoning the Parshmen on the Shattered Plains. 

If the Parshmen can be kept from turning into red-eyed evil things, then shouldn't Alethi have stayed with them to guard them and make sure they don't go outside? If slave form Parshmen have almost no will, what will they do when abandoned? How will they eat? I'm assuming the soulcasters (main source of food) left with the Alethi to Uritheru, so what are the Parshmen going to eat if they stay non evil?

If they are all going to turn into red-eyed evil things, then shouldn't the Alethi have killed all the Pashmen while they are still slave-like? They must be easier to kill than the red-eyed version. 

I think the problem is, most of the precautions against highstorms revolve around them going east to west. the Everstorm goes the opposite way around hitting the exposed area's and unlike the Highstorms I dont think the Parshmen would have any choice in the matter unless they are already bonded.

as for what they will do, well I think the chances of any of them surviving are slim unless Rlain can convince them to take on warform before the Everstorm hits the shattered plains, they have a bit of time for this. But it also carries risks, those Parshmen would be wicked pissed and might just choose to swap sides away.

Edited by Cayden

Don't we still have the Parshendi dissenters on the lose somewhere around the Shattered Plains? I can see them taking in the abandoned Parshmen if they ever come across them.

I definitely expect some Parshendi/Parshmen to withstand the Everstorm, however that might work, simply because I don't see Brandon irreversible turning an entire race evil. There's too much potential there.

As for the Alethi not killing off the Parshmen.. it's rather unsettling, isn't it? To have the analytical thought that genocide of an entire people would have been the smartest precautionary move?

The way Eshonai "died" at the end of WoR and the Parshendi that escaped leads me to believe she may transform back to a non-odium form and help gather the rebels. I hope at least. The Parshendi themselves don't actually seem evil, it's more like they fought a losing war with the humans long ago so they turned to get more power which corrupted them. I can see the humans of today and Parshendi that aren't converted finding some kind of peaceful arrangement to help end the desolations.

I'm fairly sure that the Parshendi can still choose not to change into Voidbringers. The only problem is, the Parshmen are in Slaveform, which means that they probably won't have the mental capacity to stop the change. So, any remaining Parshendi are probably safe from change, but all the Parshmen are toast.

The way Eshonai "died" at the end of WoR and the Parshendi that escaped leads me to believe she may transform back to a non-odium form and help gather the rebels. I hope at least. The Parshendi themselves don't actually seem evil, it's more like they fought a losing war with the humans long ago so they turned to get more power which corrupted them. I can see the humans of today and Parshendi that aren't converted finding some kind of peaceful arrangement to help end the desolations.

I don't think they're explicitly evil.

I think they're like the skroderiders in _A Fire Upon the Deep_.

Apparently when they're bonded to voidspren, that pretty thoroughly overrides their will, so any that are unbonded in the Everstorm are going to get turned into voidbringers. However, the Parshendi discovered some method to transition into dullform from their voidbringer forms, so it might be possible to rescue some of the transformed ones by repeating that. But it's probably fairly difficult because Eshonai couldn't get enough control to do it.

I'm fairly sure that the Parshendi can still choose not to change into Voidbringers. The only problem is, the Parshmen are in Slaveform, which means that they probably won't have the mental capacity to stop the change. So, any remaining Parshendi are probably safe from change, but all the Parshmen are toast.

Apparently when they're bonded to voidspren, that pretty thoroughly overrides their will, so any that are unbonded in the Everstorm are going to get turned into voidbringers. However, the Parshendi discovered some method to transition into dullform from their voidbringer forms, so it might be possible to rescue some of the transformed ones by repeating that. But it's probably fairly difficult because Eshonai couldn't get enough control to do it.

agree - with some degree of uncertainty.   up votes to both of you. that is if i can...

I'd say that those are the ones that attacked the scouting mission where Kaladin and Shallan fell into the chasm, the only ones that Eshonai didn't intend to turn where the ones that fled and there where no mentions off new forms at that point.

• Chaos locked this topic