An Accounting of (Sharders') Oaths

Kurkistan

It's that time again! Time to bring Sharders to account for their foolish promises/bets/oaths!!!

We've got a nice spread this book, but no outright loses, sadly. My limb collection does not grow... :(

It doesn't have to.  Maybe only Honorspren don't like Shardblades?  I'd eat my hat if Dalinar became a radiant and his spren was a cultivationspren.  We don't have enough evidence either way, and I like your theory :)

e: I don't have a hat, so I'd buy a hat and THEN eat it

You win this round, Scott. I think we can all agree that Mr. Grumpy up in the clouds is as Honorary as they get.

"She carried a concealed weapon that she hadn't used. She felt foolish for not even getting it out that night." p560

"...Before she could consciously think of what she was doing, she was struggling with her sleeve, trying to get the Soulcaster out. It was the only thing she had resembling a weapon. No, that was stupid. She didn't know how to use it. She was helpless. Except... Storms! she thought, frantic. I can't use that. I promised myself. She began the process anyway. Ten heartbeats, to bring forth the fruit of her sin, the proceeds of her most horrific act." p643, both hardcover

Also I'll eat my numbered first edition if Shallan did not kill her father. The theme is repeated so often, unless they are obtusely subtle, with nary an example of misdirection. It might have been partly accidental, but she did one or several actions that lead directly to her father's death/murder. (Not that I mourn him, its obvious that he was incredibly abusive to his kids)

Yet another win. Though I think we were all surprised at the non-Shardblady method of the execution, Riddles managed not to specify that in his oath. These Words are Accepted, then.

Moogle managed to double down:

I may as well add one:

Bondsmiths are Order 10.

There's no way that an order named "Bondsmiths" does not have the Pressure Surge, which is used to bind things together. Furthermore, Syl is an honorspren and claims she 'binds' things. Order 10 spren will be close to Order 1 spren.

Divine Attributes aren't going to describe the Order, unless anyone thinks that Windrunners and protecting/leading go together or the word Edgedancer is related to loving/healing.

In summary: I will eat a hat if Bondsmiths are not Order 10.

This is your daily Moogle reminder that if Bondsmiths are not Order 10 I will eat my hat. I don't actually own a hat, which means I might have to buy one. The only other option is 8, and I am interested in theories that reconcile the fact that Order 8 has Transportation with the name Bondsmith.

I'll give Moogle this one. As I've said myself, it's near certain their Order 10 at this point.

I'd eat my (chocolate) hat if Tarah isn't still alive and doesn't show up in WoR or the next book.

One more book left and then it's bye bye hat, Shardbearer...  :ph34r:

---

Any oaths I forgot?

Edited by Kurkistan

No oaths of eating for me, but I did come up with "spren inhabit the plate" theory ... Go figure I got the wrong kind of shard.

Also, the theory that Dalinar is #10, before the term "bondsmith" was known, as he had issues with "guiding" (like Kal had issues with "protecting/leading" and Shallan had issues with "honest") 

Edited by marianmi

• Chaos locked this topic