Quickest delivery method?

Galavantes

So I'll be ordering a digital copy of this. Because I like to read in random places and it's a lot easier to do that on a tablet than it is to carry around a 60lb book. But I also want it as early as possible. Does anyone know what the delivery times are for the various e-vendors? I've waited until midday on the day of release for a book from Amazon to come available before. So what are people's experiences? B&N? Or some other vendor?

I pre-ordered on the kindle. I didn't find out until 4 days ago that there was a B&N near my work. I might show up to work early Tuesday and hop over and see if they have any that wasn't pre-ordered and if so, I'll buy it right away. I don't mind having multiple copies.

I've had both good and bad experiences pre-ordering e-books from Barnes & Noble. Sometimes it's available right at 12:01 central time (not that I always check), sometimes it isn't available for another hour or so. It's also different on my different devices. Sometimes it will download on my computer, but not on my iPad. In general, I've found the nook app on the computer to be the most reliable source on a release day.

I've pre-ordered the e-book from Barnes & Noble again, but will be accessing it primarily on my computer and phone while I pretend to pay attention in class. I'll switch to the hardcover as soon as I get home though, since you lose detail on the graphics with the e-book.

My pre-order with the nook version of steelheart appeared at 12am pst, but it wouldn't load onto my nook for reading untill 1am...but other preordered nook books downloaded fine at midnight. Not sure what the delay was with steelheart.

So, UPS just improved my quality of life by 1000%. I found out that Amazon finally shipped my pre-ordered book an hour ago. Being completely paranoid, I immediately started tracking it on the UPS website. Then, once the order was processed, I saw this fantastic information:

"Upgrade from UPS SurePost to UPS Ground for $3.50. Upgraded orders are typically delivered a day earlier".

YES!!!!! ---> BEST $3.50 EVER SPENT!

**Of course, this assumes that this fits into the "typical" clause, but still, I had to try, right?

Edit: UPS has confirmed that my book will be delivered this afternoon!

Edited by ReadingSpren

• Chaos locked this topic