Can we come up with possible outcomes to the God metal alloys?

AnonymousFan

Each God Metal can create an alloy for every other metal. 

Ex: Malatium. A twisted version of gold allowing you to see what not you yourself, but someone else could have become.

15 more Metals. What could happen mixing atium with each?

Bronze/Atium

Copper/Atium

Zinc/Atium

Brass/Atium

Tin/Atium

Pewter/Atium

Steel/Atium

Iron/Atium

Duralumin/Atium -Maybe similar to burning Duralumin and Atium at once. I believe Kelsier did this and was able to see the future in SH.

Nicrosil/Atium 

Aluminum/Atium

Chromium/Atium

Electrum/Atium

Gold/Atium                                       -Malatium <explained above>

Bendalloy/Atium

Cadmium/Atium

EDIT: Lerasium/Atium (The ability to give allomantic abilities to others? That's why harmony could make spook a mistborn)

Edited by AnonymousFan

1 hour ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

My personal theory for Bendalloy/Atium and Cadmium/Atium is that it is the same ability but you project the bubbles around others, similar to how Atium + Gold makes you see other people's pasts instead of your own.

Your Cadmium-atium would be useful as mass control.

I'll try some:

Electrum-atium: others can see your future shadow

I really like the idea that Atium alloys reverse metals, make Internal powers External and vice versa, but it's tricky to think how that would work for some metals.

Zinc/Brass plus Atium: Either tell what other people are feeling or Riot/Soothe your own emotions.

Tin/Pewter plus Atium: Increase other's senses and strength.

Aluminum/Duralumin plus Atium: ...it's just Chromium and Nicrosil.

Iron/Steel plus Atium: ...uh...

Something that has always bothered / interested me is how atium appears to operate like a temporal metal, and how we only see it alloyed with another temporal metal. I know the assumption is that each metal can produce a God metal alloy...but does anyone have the WoB for this?

According to the allomantic table poster Atium alloys are supposed to have mental and temporal effects.

Also this WoB

Interview: Jan 10th, 2011

Maru Nui ()

What would an atium-electrum alloy do in Allomancy?

Brandon Sanderson ()

The alloys of atium have various temporal effects.

Edited by Idealistic

Thanks idealistic.

I don't have anything more than a hunch, but I feel like there has to be some specific nature to each God metal that fits into the currently existing structure. Atium being temporal, and lerasium being enhancement.

Edited by hoidhunter

Tin/Atium: various mental and temporal effects could include being able to hear/see/taste/smell/touch something that was present at a location previously (super forensics anyone?) or maybe being able to experience someone else's sensations (body-hopping anyone?) or even being able to re-live an event from your past with super sensation and perfect recollection (now how cool would that be?). The Feruchemy aspect, however ... store/steal others senses without needing a spike? Or maybe it allows you to use a Tinmind without having to store it, and making you pay for what you use later on in the future????

Pewter/Atium: enhance the strength of those around you? Could be useful for a support character. Feruchemy uses: store/steal others' strength, or allow you to steal strength from your future self.

Guys, I'm really digging the idea that an Atium-alloyed metalmind can allow you to use Feruchemical abilities before you store them! The downside being, the next time you touch that piece of metal it begins to draw back what you used previously to restore the balance. Throwing away Atium is dumb [citation needed] and if a person created such a large deficit they might have to hide away that piece of metal so that it can't be used against them by an enemy. Would melting it down and alloying it with something else destroy that deficit? I couldn't say. But it is a cool idea to think about! Think of all the applications! Malatium metalmind: stay young and/or healthy until age 80 and then die in a heartbeat!

• Chaos locked this topic