dual wielding honorblades

macros

So from the WoR material so far its pretty much confirmed that having an honorblade grants access to surgebinding. Brandon has also confirmed that dual wielding shardblades is possible. So im wondering if it is possible to dual wield honorblades and if so, does it grant you access to 4 surges assuming that none of the surges are shared. any thoughts?

I'd say yes, but my hope is that we see this scenario tweaked a little bit. It appears as though Hoid is collecting magical possessions from each Shardworld. If he got his hands on an Honorblade as well as an Awakened blade, that would be the real show. 

Still yes to your actual question. I think something along these lines will happen at some point in the series, too. 

I'd say yes, but my hope is that we see this scenario tweaked a little bit. It appears as though Hoid is collecting magical possessions from each Shardworld. If he got his hands on an Honorblade as well as an Awakened blade, that would be the real show. 

Still yes to your actual question. I think something along these lines will happen at some point in the series, too. 

Yeah, I don't think I want Hoid to turn into a dual blade wielding badass. I want him to remain in the background, furthering his own agenda, be a puppetmaster :D

I'd think he would be a step up from any mortal from the Sharworlds, seeing as he has been around for a long long time and has access to magic from all over the world. 

Edited by meddler

Yeah, I don't think I want Hoid to turn into a dual blade wielding badass. I want him to remain in the background, furthering his own agenda, be a puppetmaster :D

I'd think he would be a step up from any mortal from the Sharworlds, seeing as he has been around for a long long time and has access to magic from all over the world. 

I'm pretty sure it has been said that Hoid will have some sort of fight with someone in the WoR epilogue, so unfortunately, I think he is about to start taking a more active role, whether he wants to or not. 

Hoid collecting all of the honor blades would fit with his personality in that he seems to be collecting powers from every world.

I'm not sure about that.  Taking an honor blade could be particularly detrimental to the conflict facing the Roshar.  I don't see Hoid as being interested in hamstringing the worlds he visits.

Edited by Shardlet

I'm not sure about that.  Taken an honor blade could be particularly detrimental to the conflict facing the Roshar.  I don't see Hoid as being interested in hamstringing the worlds he visits.

There might be something to be said about removing a particularly troublesome Herald's Honorblade. And if Hoid ended up trying to help Roshar, who better to have such an asset?

Adolin is going to have so many shard blades he might just try to tri-wield them.

He's not a pirate.  :P

I'm not sure if having multiple honor-blades would grant extra surges.  It seems to me that it the combinations wouldn't overlap in a similar way to Lerasium seemingly overriding a previous misting ability.)

I suspect there are ways for Hoid to get Roshar Investiture without using honorblades or nahel bonds. It will probably involve lerasium. (Edit: Theory! Hoid will make a fabrial that somehow transports the power of the trapped spren in the gemstone. The fabrial's metal part will be Hoid's lerasium bead, which will cause the spren's power to be added to Hoid's Spiritweb. He can then trap another spren in another gemstone and repeat the process. Rinse, repeat, until he gets all the Surgebinding powers he wants.)

As for dual-wielding honorblades, I think it does make sense that doing this will grant you the powers of both blades. It would be like getting two Shards. And just like Shards, I suspect some difficulty will arise if the two honorblades have clashing Intents/Attributes (e.g. Zephyr's Leading versus Spark's Obedient).

Edited by skaa

Adolin is going to have so many shard blades he might just try to tri-wield them.

<_< Kind of like a certain pirate who's jolly roger is my avatar? While baThis post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules, given the typical style of fighting with a shard blade, I think dual-wielding them in a fight would be silly, let alone trying to be a santoryu user. :P

If somebody did manage to obtain 2+ honor blades though, my thought is that they would very possibly never have to actually wield either of them. As Szeth proves, his windrunner powers don't go away when his blade isn't summoned, and someone with access to 3+ surges could extremely dangerous well before a weapon ever enters the equation.

Someone with all ten Surges would be terrifying. I'd really like to see a Hemalurgist try and get them all. Teleportation, flying, Soulcasting, illusions, healing... they're like a mix of an Allomancer and Elantrian.

Bonus points if said Hemalurgist also has some other systems.

Someone with all ten Surges would be terrifying. I'd really like to see a Hemalurgist try and get them all. Teleportation, flying, Soulcasting, illusions, healing... they're like a mix of an Allomancer and Elantrian.

Bonus points if said Hemalurgist also has some other systems.

hoooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd!

To get to shadesmar, do you need to use, one of the investures of the world you're in, or can it be an investure from other world?

If it's the latter it makes sense that Hoid is collecting types of powers, since he can't leave the world until he gains control from a investure from the same world, so he's only collecting them so that he can move on, and not trying to collect them all just because(it ends up being a huge perk though).

I wonder if Hemalurgy can give power to a Shard? For example, spiking out a Shardblade and pounding it into Sazed's reconstructed body.

I think this is unlikely. Ruin and Preservation were so opposed that coming into contact destroyed both holders. They're something of a special case, but Shards have such a strong identity that I think they would repel any Investiture that does not belong to them, if not necessarily as violently as Ruin/Preservation.

Then again, Sazed is holding on to both, so who knows? Maybe you just have to 'force' the different Investiture together until it sees itself Cognitively as one being.

I imagine you could steal power from a Shard if you had a way to get at their body, though.

Edited by Moogle

Do remember that there was an effective way to merge Ruin and Preservation's power in one body - perhaps a Shard can take foreign Investiture, but it alters their Intent.

I edited my post because of that, but yeah. I think Harmony is something of a special case because Sazed managed to hold both Shards, rather than hold one Shard and have a small part of a different one's power.