soyperson

Breath of the Wild

92 posts in this topic

I just finished the Trial of the Sword and that last phase of challenges is a real pain in the tail lol. 

Edited by Andy92
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holding out for more details on the second DLC before I commit to that.  I don't like any of the stuff in the first pack enough to want to get it, but the second pack sounds more interesting, so if it looks good when they release more details, I may take the plunge on the both of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dunkum I felt the same way about it honestly. I mainly got the DLC when the first pack came out because I don't have any other games for the Switch at the moment. It's also kinda nice being able to use the master sword fully charged at level 60 at all times now. 

I'd probably wait until we know more about the second part of the DLC before buying it if you're on the fence about it. The Trial of the Sword is pretty fun (and decently challenging imo), but it's also short once you're able to beat it. The most useful thing this first pack added was the Korok mask that shakes when you're near one. I found 10 seeds in about 15 minutes using it tonight. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hero's path seems a bit interesting, and maybe even useful: if there are any areas it doesn't cross, they are high priority spots to look for shrines

I finished off all of the memories but I haven't made any progress on the last 4 shrines.  I'm pretty sure I know the location of one, but I have 0 idea how to access it.  the others are complete mysteries, and my piecemeal visitation of cities and stables hasn't yielded any results so far..  I am almost desperate enough to try looking them up at this point, though I think I can hold out for a little while longer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can hold off till sun/mon, @Dunkum I'll have my switch on hand if you want some help

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dunkum said:

The Hero's path seems a bit interesting, and maybe even useful: if there are any areas it doesn't cross, they are high priority spots to look for shrines

I finished off all of the memories but I haven't made any progress on the last 4 shrines.  I'm pretty sure I know the location of one, but I have 0 idea how to access it.  the others are complete mysteries, and my piecemeal visitation of cities and stables hasn't yielded any results so far..  I am almost desperate enough to try looking them up at this point, though I think I can hold out for a little while longer.

Which one do you think you know where it is?

Make sure you finish side quests, not just the shrine quests. One of the last shrines I found was near Dueling Peaks stable, and I didn't stumble across it until I had to walk right past it to finish a quest. (I eventually had to look up 3 shrines. I somehow never stumbled across the Thundra Plateau...)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see that Dueling Peaks one until towards the end too. I started riding around on horseback with my Shrine sensor on and couldn't believe I had never seen that one lol. 

I looked up the last 4 I needed. Got tired of looking around for hours and not finding anything. Two of the ones I needed were hidden underground so they didn't show up even when the sensor was on. Another one was under one of those large rock plates you can only move by hitting it while in stasis. And the last one was on a hill by Hyrule Castle that I couldn't believe I never climbed lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

Which one do you think you know where it is?

Make sure you finish side quests, not just the shrine quests. One of the last shrines I found was near Dueling Peaks stable, and I didn't stumble across it until I had to walk right past it to finish a quest. (I eventually had to look up 3 shrines. I somehow never stumbled across the Thundra Plateau...)

the altar in the woods behind Kakariko village.  I can see the orb to put into it, and someone referred to it as a shrine somewhere, but I have not been able to get Impa to give me the orb at all, and the only thing I can do that affects it at all is Stasis, which is useless on its own.  I did vaguely wonder whether I could grab an orb from somewhere else and haul it all the way over there, but that seems like more trouble than it is worth

Thundra Plateau is one I stumbled across recently.  probably somewhere past number 100.  took me forever to realize that I could stasis launch those stupid orbs onto the plateau.

I know I finished all of the Shrines Kass tells you about, and my wanderings through a few stables, plus Kakariko and Hateno villages, plus the 4 cities have not yielded anything useful thus far.  It is possible there are Shrines just sitting out there, but i've had the shrine sensor on the whole game nearly, and i've literally wandered to all the corners of the map, so it is hard to believe that I wouldn't have been close enough for them to register at some point.  I won't have time to look into any more until Monday at the earliest, and probably more like the weekend after next, really.  likely continue my stables strategy, mixed in with checking the map for regions that don't have names yet and exploring those.

unrelated: decided to deal with the Lynel in the Colosseum ruins.  it is a lot easier going in prepared with a ton of equipment and strong food than it was wandering by and getting sniped the first time I saw it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

the altar in the woods behind Kakariko village.  I can see the orb to put into it, and someone referred to it as a shrine somewhere, but I have not been able to get Impa to give me the orb at all, and the only thing I can do that affects it at all is Stasis, which is useless on its own.  I did vaguely wonder whether I could grab an orb from somewhere else and haul it all the way over there, but that seems like more trouble than it is worth

Thundra Plateau is one I stumbled across recently.  probably somewhere past number 100.  took me forever to realize that I could stasis launch those stupid orbs onto the plateau.

I know I finished all of the Shrines Kass tells you about, and my wanderings through a few stables, plus Kakariko and Hateno villages, plus the 4 cities have not yielded anything useful thus far.  It is possible there are Shrines just sitting out there, but i've had the shrine sensor on the whole game nearly, and i've literally wandered to all the corners of the map, so it is hard to believe that I wouldn't have been close enough for them to register at some point.  I won't have time to look into any more until Monday at the earliest, and probably more like the weekend after next, really.  likely continue my stables strategy, mixed in with checking the map for regions that don't have names yet and exploring those.

unrelated: decided to deal with the Lynel in the Colosseum ruins.  it is a lot easier going in prepared with a ton of equipment and strong food than it was wandering by and getting sniped the first time I saw it.

That is indeed a shrine. Spend a lot of time around Kakariko; I think it has some time-of-day dependent stuff.

Have you beaten Ganon yet? You get a progress counter for your quests, so you can see how many Shrines won't show up on the tracker. (Although you can find some shrines without starting their quests.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

That is indeed a shrine. Spend a lot of time around Kakariko; I think it has some time-of-day dependent stuff.

Have you beaten Ganon yet? You get a progress counter for your quests, so you can see how many Shrines won't show up on the tracker. (Although you can find some shrines without starting their quests.)

I've made a couple impromptu runs at the castle

Spoiler

And I have gotten both the shrine and the memory there

But I haven't made an attempt on Gannon yet.  I imagine I could beat him, but I wanted to at least finish off the shrines and memories first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, down to just 2 shrines remaining, and very close to just giving in and looking them up.

 

Spoiler

got the kakariko one, finally.  there are some time-of-day requirements, but I think there is more to it than that.  I spent a fair amount of time in the village at different times of night and day and never saw it triggered before.  I think you have to finish all the quests mentioned in the book of worries in Impas house before it becomes available, though i would have a hard time proving that.

also found one in that canyon that I had missed before somehow.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're closer than I am...still have about 12 to go, but I've finished the game.  I may wait until the second DLC comes out later this year, and then really dive back into the game.  That being said, I'm very excited to see if/when they start teasing future Zelda stuff (even if just for the 3DS).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got the last 2 a couple days ago, though I did give in and look them up.  it is frustrating, because for one of them, the last bit of exploration I did before I gave up, if I had turned east instead of west at one point, I would have walked right into it essentially.  i've been trying to power up my armor since then, but I don't feel like tryign to hunt down star fragments, so I actually am probably going to prep some food and make a run for Gannon next time I play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2017 at 9:15 AM, Dunkum said:

i've been trying to power up my armor since then, but I don't feel like tryign to hunt down star fragments, so I actually am probably going to prep some food and make a run for Gannon next time I play.

Lynel's are your friend, D! (Not literally, but you get the picture :P)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ParadoxicalZen said:

Lynel's are your friend, D! (Not literally, but you get the picture :P)

I'm finally at the point where I can handle them on the fly, so long as I start out with a decent amount of health and at least a couple of the champion abilities charged up.  but the first few I managed to beat I went in there packed to the gills with tough and hearty foods

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.8.2017 at 0:33 AM, Dunkum said:

I'm finally at the point where I can handle them on the fly, so long as I start out with a decent amount of health and at least a couple of the champion abilities charged up.  but the first few I managed to beat I went in there packed to the gills with tough and hearty foods

Lynel's ARE your friends when it come to learning the higher mechanics of the game. Get max faeries, have the Goron ability and Mipha's Grace ready, your best armour on and go and NOT kill a Lynel. Practise dodging and shield parrying. Practise using fire (or the Lynel's fire) to get into the air to use time-dilation to hit it easily in the face.

Specifically, watch for the tell-tale signs of horizontal and vertical attacks, and practise reacting to them with good timing so you activate flurry rush. Oh, and even a Lynel's charge can be flurry rushed if you jump to the side.

 

This has been today's unrequested lesson in "gitting good".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely ever had enough arrows lying around to make the updraft + slow-mo attack worth the effort.  not until recently anyway.  but I went in yesterday and beat Ganon, so I am probably putting the game aside for a while.  fun fact: the castle is downright easy when you go in with 65 ancient arrows and maxed out ancient armor.  I one-shotted a Lynel, though I guess when you obliterate them with an ancient arrow, you don't get any loot from them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.