[SoS / Elantris spoilers] Gathering all new infomation

Avivsm

We are being flooded with new infomation about the cosmere. There is a new book, a rerelease with extra stuff, Q&As and signings. All that precious infomation is scattered on the various forums. This topic profess to be a the fullest data base all new infomation.

I would like it to be a collaborative effort so feel free to help, as you help to elaborate the topic I would edit the first post for an easy access toward the infomation (of course with credit for the helper).

Guidelines:

• First of all - all spoilers are allowed. BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN ALERTED. This is a consequence the topic agenda.
  • This topic is about the fact and lore of the Cosmere, not plots. So posting that "character A died by a train that travel faster than the speed of light" is not welcome but, posting that t "here is a rain that can travel faster than the speed of light" it is.
  • Try to give a source also, for the convenient of people that want to get the full context. Also, I would try to put links which would direct to the source.

Done with exposition. Forever...

Let's drop some facts.

• Harmony can make a full conversation in the head of Hemalurgic spiked people. This can happen by utilize Ruin ability to speak with them and Preservation ability to hear their thoughts. SoS, Chapter 7.
  • Harmony can control any creture that is spiked by two Hemalurgic spikes. One spike isn't enough. SoS, Chapter 7.
  • Kendra can keep their consciousness with one spike but would'nt have their full sanity. SoS, Chapter 7.
  • Hoid was in Era 2 as a new coachman employed by Wax. SoS, Chapter 7.
  • A new alleged Shardworld named Vax, not fully confirmed as a Shardworld but were mentioned with confirmed Shardworld Taldain. Elantris, Ars Arcanum. By the help of Corax
  • Bavadin's Shard intent is confirmed as Autonomy. WoB.
  • A new metal that can Hemalurgic grant Allomancy powers to Kendra. It's alleged as God metal of a Shard that isn't Harmony since he doesn't recognize it. This metal is from a Shard we know. Sos, Epilogue & WoB, book signed by the help of Chaos.
  • Highstorms does manifest in Shadesmar. The way it's manifest isn't noted. WoB, BYU midnight signing by the help of Nethseäar
Edited by aviv1525

I'm still reeling from the SFO signing, but here's the new information from the new Ars Arcanum in the 10th Anniversary copy of Elantris that has my eyes bugging out currently:

How, then, is a practitioner of AonDor Initiated? It does not appear to be tied to family descent, as one finds on Scadrial, nor is it a specific Shard's Decision, as on Nalthis. Even Taldain's and Vax's methods do not seem to apply here. I can only surmise random chance is involved, unless there is a hidden pattern I have not been able to discern.

Heck, just the choice of capitalization on the words "Initiated" and "Decision" are interesting. But... Where in bloody Damnation is the planed Vax?! 

Edited by Corax

I'm still reeling from the SFO signing, but here's the new information from the new Ars Arcanum in the 10th Anniversary copy of Elantris that has my eyes bugging out currently:

Heck, just the choice of capitalization on the words "Initiated" and "Decision" are interesting. But... Where in bloody Damnation is the planed Vax?! 

Initiated...hmm. To me it seems that it could be term the AAA uses to define people accessing a magic system for the first time.

Initiated...hmm. To me it seems that it could be term the AAA uses to define people accessing a magic system for the first time.

Exactly, ParadoxSpren. It certainly rolls off the tongue better than "people who have gained access to Investiture."

eta: I suspect that Vax might be the world where Dark One will occur.

Edited by Corax

Secondhand source here, but I asked a friend who was going to one of the Cali signings to ask if Trell is native to Yolen. Per Brandon "with a smirk", Trell is not native to Yolen.

Which doesn't really tell us anything, hence the smirking. For all we know there were non-Yolish and/or non-human people present for the shattering who picked up Shards.

edit: As per the other thread apparently we have WoB that all original Shardholders were Yolish. So IF Trell is a Shard, then we have confirmation of a previous Shardholder death and replacement before Harmony.

Edited by Ari

• Chaos locked this topic