A Mythical Sword named Gretgor

tobar14

I was aimlessly wandering through the 17th shard and The Coppermind, and I started delving into the Derethi Church.  I noticed at the end of the Coppermind article it mention a mythical sword. Link here.

"The original Wyrn had a mythical sword named Gretgor"

"Gretgor is a mythological weapon used by the first Wyrn, founder of the Fjordell Empire."

This is the first time I can remember hearing about this sword/weapon.  We know that Elantris is chronologically first, in regards to the currently published cosmere works.  Could this mythical sword/weapon be somehow related to shardblades, or awakened swords (nightblood)?  Is this mythical sword the idea/seed for how nightblood came to be?

I have no more information on Gretgor, so I am interested to see what people think, or if people have any other information regarding this weapon.

Hrm. The citations are all circular; they just cycle around in the Coppermind. Do we have an external source?

Actually if you click on the citation on the Gretgor page you get brought to the glossary page.  That is a mirror of the glossary on Brandon's site, which there is a link to at the top of the page.

• Chaos locked this topic