My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic

Quiver

So, a while back, I started a topic asking if anyone would be interested in an MLP RPG, and it turned out that some people were! I just thought it would be best to try and learn the rules for the system that I found first.

And... it never amounted to much. The system in question was really easy to pick up and play -if it had a problem, it was maybe too simple- but I ended up having a lot of problems using the sites official forum, and kind of quietly dropped the whole thing.

Since "ponify everything" seems to be a mandate of the RPG section these days, figured I'd give it another go, and see who might be interested!

I imagine I don't need to do my "Why A Pony RPG Could Be Awesome" spiel again, so I'll jump straight to the point. Would anyone be interested and, if so, what system would you like to use, since... I've got two.

(For the curious, there ARE others, but... these are the only two I'm familiar with right now).

Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony

Pretty simple game-system, which might suit the way people here like doing RPG's. There's enough rules that it doesn't need to be total freeform (skill checks, rules for combat, etc) which might be of benefit to people (like me!) who are still kinda new to RPGing or who want a more "typical" experience... but a lot of it could be glossed over for freeform stuff if people prefer. There's no "flavor" to it, either, which might be a plus or a minus; you could do a game in pretty much any kind of setting you want.

(The system has a straight-fantasy variant as well, but why would people on a forum dedicated to a fantasy author want to play a fantasy setting when there are PONIES?)

Fallout Equestria PnP

And this is pretty much on the opposite end of the bell-curve from Pony Tales. There are a lot more rules (and I've only recently started reading through them), and the game is pretty specific in it's setting. It's based off of Fallout Equestria by KKat, but really, only thing you need to know is "Fallout, but with ponies". The rules seem to match up the original Fallout game system, so that might be a plus. It looks very complicated... but it also seems like it could be a lot of fun and, again, "post-apocalypse" might make an interesting setting to play around in.

Edited by Quiver