Hoid a shape shifter?

Khmauv

So I am rereading the Mistborn trilogy after finishing tWoK I am trying to focus on the little things like Hoid, and I noticed that as the informant that Kelsier talks to he appears as a bald old man while as wit I recall he was young tall and had dark hair though I can't recall for sure.

Can Hoid then alter his appearance like Vasher, and I assume all in the royal line as well as the returned, can in warbreaker?

Yeah, I think that's part of the Lightweaver package. There's mention of him doing something like this in one of the WoK interludes as well. 

Just added a note to things to look for when I reread WoK.

Being able to create fake versions of himself probably makes Hoid the single most frustrating person in the Cosmere to track.

And don't forget about pseudo/notpseudo-Forging. Being able to travel through Shadesmar, who knows what he can do to his cognitive aspect?

Given that his appearance in WoA isn't even mentioned in-text as being him, he's VERY good at disguising himself.

for those not in the know, he's

the Terrisman who convinces Elend and Spook to return to Luthadel, confirmed by Brandon.

I know Cosmere theories is a Spoiler-unsafe board, I'm just being polite :P

The Seventeenth Shard is quite clearly angry at Hoid for not inviting them to his two-hundredth birthday. He ate all the cake without them.

Here's a plot twist: Hoid or somebody else has been using Lightweaving to...I don't know, create the Seventeenth Shard or something. I just want an organization where all the members don't exist.

Could the lightweaving be similar to what Raoden used before he completely "fixed" the Aon? He could change the air around him, but not completely? Maybe what Hoid is doing is something very similar to how Raoden's magic would work if it were working 100%. In that case, it's not super odd, since we've seen it in practice before, and Lightweaving sounds very similar.

The Seventeenth Shard is quite clearly angry at Hoid for not inviting them to his two-hundredth birthday. He ate all the cake without them.

Here's a plot twist: Hoid or somebody else has been using Lightweaving to...I don't know, create the Seventeenth Shard or something. I just want an organization where all the members don't exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Was_Thursday

• Chaos locked this topic