Deathpoints Secondary power

Voidus

He could just be the most powerful, not necessarily unique, the only meta Epic capable of affecting High Epics. We have confirmation that meta-Epics are possible and as far as we know prof is utterly unique in having 2 PIs even compared to the likes of Steelheart and Regalia so either way he's unique. I just think that if prof is the only Epic with two defensive powers then there must be a reason, there should be plenty of combinations of them so why is it that Prof is special?

It seems likely to me that Prof being able to steal powers from Epics could explain the origins of the Reckoners. Evil Epic Phaedrus sets out to get more powers from epics and kills a few, stealing their powers. Then he decides to go under cover to infiltrate another epic (baseless speculation), and in the process avoids using his powers for long enough to realize what he has done, but decides to continue hunting epics as a sort of redemption, and gifts his powers to other members to avoid the corruption.

This is kind of off topic but the part about epics being able to absorb other epics power brought to mind one of the most terrifying possible epics ever.

An epic that has a strong primary defensive power that makes it a high epic. 

And a secondary power like Delsin's from Infamous; second son (being able to absorb the powers of any other epic)

How about absorbing their powers also absorbs their weakness? Does not seem so strong now eh?

Or possible, given what weaknesses are.

It would be like absorbing a piece of a person's personality.

Interestingly, that's what Rogue from Marvel comics does when she touches someone. It'd be interesting to see her power interacting with that of an Epic.

Or possible, given what weaknesses are.

It would be like absorbing a piece of a person's personality.

Yes and no, weaknesses are based off an aspect of their personality but it's not like it's dependant upon them feeling a certain way, weaknesses can be activated without the Epics awareness as with Steelheart.

Yes and no, weaknesses are based off an aspect of their personality but it's not like it's dependant upon them feeling a certain way, weaknesses can be activated without the Epics awareness as with Steelheart.

True, but the weakness is an inherent part of the Epic's psyche, connected to both their past and personality. I don't know that it'd be possible for another person to truly absorb an Epic's weakness, because that would literally mean absorbing their deepest darkest fear, and what is a fear for one person might be something to shrug off for another.

It could be possible, certainly, but I'm inclined to believe it isn't.

Edit: Just thought I'd note that I'm reasonably certain that just because I said this, I will read a scene in Calamity that will not only smash this theory of mine to bits, but give it an upraised middle finger as well. :P 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Wait....Prof being a Meta epic would explain why he didnt murder his fifth grade class when he was a teacher!! He didnt have the power to do so!! What if he had some other power? And when he formed that team of his's, what if he actually stole the powers from mirkwood and that other guy he killed??? Sure Regalia would have known, but maybe thats why she wanted to hand her kingdom over to him, a meta epic, and not some of the other powerful epics she had in her command.....

Wait....Prof being a Meta epic would explain why he didnt murder his fifth grade class when he was a teacher!! He didnt have the power to do so!! What if he had some other power? And when he formed that team of his's, what if he actually stole the powers from mirkwood and that other guy he killed??? Sure Regalia would have known, but maybe thats why she wanted to hand her kingdom over to him, a meta epic, and not some of the other powerful epics she had in her command.....

It's official that he didn't kill them? I thought it was implied he did?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

True, but the weakness is an inherent part of the Epic's psyche, connected to both their past and personality. I don't know that it'd be possible for another person to truly absorb an Epic's weakness, because that would literally mean absorbing their deepest darkest fear, and what is a fear for one person might be something to shrug off for another.

It could be possible, certainly, but I'm inclined to believe it isn't.

Edit: Just thought I'd note that I'm reasonably certain that just because I said this, I will read a scene in Calamity that will not only smash this theory of mine to bits, but give it an upraised middle finger as well. :P

This wouldn't necessarily stop them from absorbing the weakness, but rather make that weakness very easy to face and overcome

As for Deathpoint's second ability, my theory (baseless) has always been that his primary ability burned from the outside-in, and he had a secondary ability to either burn from the inside-out or to simply phase through flesh allowing him to grab internal organs directly. In either case, if he thought that Steelheart had invulnerable skin rather than full invulnerability, he thought he had a chance.

Wait..what if death point was actually not relevant to the story whatsoever and we are just wasting our times! ?

Without death point, we would have never discovered Steelheart's weakness. So how is he not important?

In terms of impact to the story he was actually incredibly important. Moreso than most.

No Deathpoint means that David's dad wouldn't have clipped Steelheart when shooting him, and maybe most importantly Steelheart wouldn't have had any reason to kill David's dad. Its highly likely he could have survived. Heck, maybe Steelheart never would have come to the bank if old DP hadn't been making a mess.

In terms of impact to the story he was actually incredibly important. Moreso than most.

No Deathpoint means that David's dad wouldn't have clipped Steelheart when shooting him, and maybe most importantly Steelheart wouldn't have had any reason to kill David's dad. Its highly likely he could have survived. Heck, maybe Steelheart never would have come to the bank if old DP hadn't been making a mess.

And if Steelheart wouldn't have got shoot by David's father he wouldn't have transformed the entire city and steel and taken it over right that night, maybe later but not that night.

And if Steelheart wouldn't have got shoot by David's father he wouldn't have transformed the entire city and steel and taken it over right that night, maybe later but not that night.

And if he hadn't transformed the entire city, making himself so well known, there may have been others that didn't fear him. Steelheart then could've been killed by a simple stray bullet fired by a SWAT officer trying to deal with a different Epic.

And if he hadn't transformed the entire city, making himself so well known, there may have been others that didn't fear him. Steelheart then could've been killed by a simple stray bullet fired by a SWAT officer trying to deal with a different Epic.

Doubtful. I think Steelheart would've just gotten more creative about teaching people to fear him. 

actually i disagree- he had other Epics with him already on Annexation Day, Nightwielder and Faultline at least. I think he was planning on taking the city that night anyway, but he got sidetracked when Deathpoint attacked the bank. So he showed up to force DP into his service.

You know, if you want to upload the image, then just click on Ver Imagen, then on the forum click on the little picture icon above the reply box (it's in the second row, 11th from the left) and copy the link you get from Ver Imagen into that little box. Like so: 

uh-yeah-totally.jpg

• 3 weeks later...