Nazh May Be A Windrunner *spoilers*

Trnkers

So I just finished reading Words of Radiance and started thinking about Nazh and all the work he has put into the books with his maps as well as other things.

As I looked over information on his wiki page it said his powers are unknown and I figure it will all be revealed one day when we actually meet him.  But I started thinking and am leaning towards him being a Windrunner.

This is in part for him creating such detailed and articulate maps of towns and areas. With a windrunner ability you could lash upward so high till you could sketch the location.

I know maps arnt created like that but it would be a little neat quirk of his to get a perfect view of an area.

My other thought to this was when he recovered the document from the sunken ship Shallan survived.  He stated you have no idea what I had to go through to get it from the bottom of the ocean.  What if he lashed himself down into the depth of the water to scavange the boat like a diver would with weights.  Then using his storlight invested body to see in the darkness of the ocean floor.

This may already be debunked but it was something I walked away with last night thinking about the character.

He is but I'd say that Nahel-bonds are similar to Hemalurgy in that anyone, regardless of planet of origin, can be Bonded. Though in saying that I doubt that Nazh is a Windrunner. If he is a Surgebinder I'd say that he is either a Lightweaver or an Elsecaller. But I doubt he is a Surgebinder.

People who have come to Roshar getting nahel bonds aside, apparently splinters of other shards bonded in their own native ways can potentially cause abilities to manifest as well despite normally doing absolutely nothing.

So clearly surgebinding itself is normally useless on other planets without the usual jury-rigging worldhoppers tend to do. Makes being a surgebinder pointless with regards to the effort he spent on sketches in all the other cosmere books he's sketched in.

Why did you emphasise 'to' like that? Did you think I meant anyone on any planet could get a Nahel-bond? Because I know that to get a Bond the person must be on Roshar, I was only saying that anyone from any planet could get a Bond. So long as they met the Spren's standards and they happened to be on Roshar at the time.

Why did you emphasise 'to' like that? Did you think I meant anyone on any planet could get a Nahel-bond? Because I know that to get a Bond the person must be on Roshar, I was only saying that anyone from any planet could get a Bond. So long as they met the Spren's standards and they happened to be on Roshar at the time.

I actually wasn't trying to contradict you. I just end up contradicting people on the most obvious things in real life so much that I became kind of bad at phrasing things otherwise. Sorry about that.

• Chaos locked this topic