Brandon Sanderson signing in West Jordan and Orem, this Thursday and Saturday‏

SOM1else

So I just checked my email and saw that Brandon was going to be doing a book signing this week, I thought that I would post the information about it up here so that anyone who would be able to go knows about it.

Signing Details:

Barnes & Noble, West Jordan, UT

Date: Thursday, 12.15.11 Time: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm

Place: Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Jordan Landing

Address: 7157 Plaza Center Drive

West Jordan, UT 84084

Phone: (801) 282-1324

Barnes & Noble, Orem, UT

Date: Saturday, 12.17.11 Time: 2:00 pm-4:00 pm

Place: Barnes & Noble Booksellers - University Crossings Plaza

Address: 330 E University Parkway

Orem, UT 84058

Phone: (801) 229-1611

I'll sign any of my books that you bring, but it's nice to support the store hosting the event by buying at least one book (it doesn't have to be one of mine!) while you're there. And if there's a large crowd, I'll probably limit personalizations to three books each time through the line. Check out my calendar to see if there's another signing that will be more convenient for you.

If anyone is at a loss for questions to ask him (but I think its impossible that any 17th Sharder wouldn't have a boatload of questions) here are a few good Alloy ones that I would ask Brandon. They don't spoil the story and are relevant to current discussions.

1. What is different about Allomantic Snapping now that Sazed has changed it?
  2. Are chromium and nicrosil known to any of the inhabitants of Scadrial?
  3. Do the people of Alloy of Law have any form of electronic communication? (telegraph, phone etc.) If not, Why?

If you've got your own questions that you like better, no worries, I'm sure they're great too :D

Edit: Ignore question three, Peter just more or less answered it. Small area of significant population density combined with a minimal understanding of electricity have created a society where the need for long distance communication is less necessary.

Edited by Windrunner

It's drifted towards the back of people's minds lately, but what exactly does Atium store and why did the Lord Ruler spend time aged in his Terris Hut, given that he could have simply kept re-compounding his initial investment of age?

Should've looked at this thread before going to the WJ signing, we only asked a couple of those.

Quick summary before someone put's up the whole Q+A list.

Q: Telegraphs?

A: They have coinshot messengers,so are slow to develop those technologies. They have not been invented as of AoL.

Q:New Snapping?

A: RAFO

Q: Is Demoux "Thinker" from the purelake scene?

A: Demoux is one of the three.