Thoughts on The Lost Metal

Vin(Diesel)

1. Wax's explanation for why Wayne doesn't need forgiveness (because Wayne isn't the same man, the man who needed forgiveness is dead) is a common Jewish explanation for how people who have done wrong can end up justified before God. At least, that's my understanding of a Jewish explanation. Wonder if Brandon and/or the Latter Day Saints believe it. 
  2. I really want more TwinSoul. That guy is hardcore, and his Aether is amazing. I want more Aether stuff too.
  3. I think Wayne is probably smarter than Wax. Didn't he say he never went to school? If so, I wonder how he learned to read. 
  4. Scadrial has been the world being ruled by a sane, ethical Shard/Vessel. Ok, maybe Nalthis is too. Anyway, I fear Sazed's days are numbered. Soon he will likely be consumed by conflicting Intents or murdered. Hope I'm wrong.
  5. Marasi and Shallan and the Ghostbloods... Women being tempted by forbidden knowledge? Wonder where Brandon got that idea? Just kidding. I don't know if he was thinking about it, but Eve was tempted by the serpent to eat the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. And greek mythology has Pandora succumbing to her curiosity and opening the box. Both ended up half-ruining the world. So far, Brandon's ladies have done better. 
  6. Why did Wax end up spiked? What did I miss? Sorry for the stupid question.
  7. Other stupid question: Is Wax a full Mistborn now or not?
  8. I really like Steris. I'm not sure I've ever read a character like her, but I identify with her. I've been diagnosed with "autistic traits," whatever that means, and I often felt like people considered me a pharisee or a self-satisfied stick-in-the-mud or something. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to have done wrong. Maybe I was imagining things, or maybe I actually did something wrong. But it's really gratifying to see a character like Steris. I feel the same about Hraethen in Elantris, in the way he came to accept that he believed for rational reasons and that was enough. Maybe I'm not quite like him in that regard, but I know what it likes to feel judged for not being emotive enough. Like people think you're cold and artificial or something. I feel like Brandon has one or two other characters I felt similarly about. Characters I'd never read the likes of, that I identified with. 
  9. Hoid had nahel bonded his spren before this story, right? I didn't notice any sign of her, did you?

I love your religion connections, I hadn't heard of the Jewish explanation before but I love it and want to know more about that philosophy.

For 6 Wax took the duraluminum granting spike from Not-Wax in order to get to the ship to stop the bomb. (Wayne I think took a steel granting spike to become a coinshot).

7, we are still unsure but I think the consensus is leaning that way. If he created Lerasium like is stated then he should be a mistborn (likely not nearly as strong as Elend or spook when they took full beads). Alternatively, he created something new in his experiment or just straight up tried to eat harmonium and become something new. Maybe some mix of allomantic and hemalurgic powers that isn't ferruchemy. Harmony's magic system on scadrial doesn't seem to be known yet.

My reasoning for not seeing Hoid's spren is that he hasn't fully figured out to keep the connection active yet and the spren is in some form of stasis either as a deadeye or using some other method. Or the timeline will get adjusted so that era 2 is pre stormlight. 

1 hour ago, Vin(Diesel) said:
  • I really want more TwinSoul. That guy is hardcore, and his Aether is amazing. I want more Aether stuff too.
  • I think Wayne is probably smarter than Wax. Didn't he say he never went to school? If so, I wonder how he learned to read. 

Agreed on TwinSoul I need more of him. Loved his character immediately. I'm kind of hoping he'll show up in a novella or secret history 2 or something.

About Wayne I think Wax has more book learning and an analytical mind that is suited for detective work and science - but I think Wax is very intuitively intelligent. For one, his ability to put himself in someone else's head is definitely a kind of social/personal intelligence, but also with his investments it is like he just has a really good intuition. I think this is part of why Wax and Wayne complemented each other so well as partners in terms of skill set.