Strengthening a Bio-Chromatic Breath?

Trusk'our

Question

When you give all your bio-chromatic breath so someone else, it takes a small part of your own investiture with it, but since the transfer of investiture is fueled by color, this investiture is not lost in the exchange. Does this mean that a breath will grow ever so slightly in strength the more people it has been transferred through? Would it eventually divide into a new breath, or will it stay a single, albeit stronger breath, somewhat like how the Returned have a single, but extremely powerful breath? Would there be a benefit of having a single, very powerful breath over a large number weaker breaths, or is it disadvantageous since you probably can't easily split the investiture within it? If a non-Nalthian were to get a breath, and then transfer it to someone else, will their own innate investiture change its Intent, since their own investiture’s Intent comes from a different shard?

5 answers to this question

I think that losing your own investiture only happens when you transfer your natural breath.  so for instance if a non-nalthian is given breaths and the they give them away they shouldn't lose any of their own investiture from that, it just that Nalthians are born with breaths which encompass some portion of their own investiture in addition to some of Endowment's added on top, so when they give that away it takes that portion of their own investiture with it.

On 10/26/2022 at 4:07 PM, ImportantQuestions said:

I can see only one problem with that. If you have a single really powerful Breath, could it eventually become the equivalent of a Divine Breath and you would be able to gift it to someone and heal them?

I think that a Divine Breath is too different in nature than normal Breaths to be able to be created by just adding more Investiture to normal Breaths. Breaths are mostly physical, but Divine Breaths are more Spiritual.

It would be much more advantages to have weaker breaths than a few stronger ones it might take less large breaths to awaken an object but if you only need one breath to do something you give much more power than needs to be. Also it would be incredibly difficult to get some one to talk a breath then take it back then find some one else who is also willing without anyone getting or running of with your breath.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, spirit, said:

It would be much more advantages to have weaker breaths than a few stronger ones

I can see only one problem with that. If you have a single really powerful Breath, could it eventually become the equivalent of a Divine Breath and you would be able to gift it to someone and heal them?

4 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

I think that a Divine Breath is too different in nature than normal Breaths to be able to be created by just adding more Investiture to normal Breaths. Breaths are mostly physical, but Divine Breaths are more Spiritual.

That's definitely probable. It makes sense now that I think about it. I still think that it could heal them, even if it was just because of the massive amount of Investiture. We know that when you have enough Breaths there are a lot of things that happen. It would probably help if you were sick or something.

Heightenings
Number Breaths needed Abilities granted
First 50 Aura recognition
Second 200 Perfect pitch
Third 600 Perfect color recognition
Fourth 1,000 Perfect life sense
Fifth 2,000 Agelessness
Sixth 3,500 Instinctive awakening
Seventh 5,000 Invested breath recognition
Eighth 10,000 Command breaking
Ninth 20,000 Greater awakening, audible command
Tenth 50,000 Color distortion, perfect invocation, mental commands, possibly others