What evens are happening on scadrial at the time of Oathbringer?(Sorry if there are spoilers,)

spideyguy123

Question

So, My question has come because I saw someone saying the Wax and Wayne series is at the time of Stormlight:5. The books so far are what, 2 years between the end of Oathbringer and the beginning of WOK? maybe more, havent looked too closely, but still, Where in the Wax and Wayne series would we be right now? I'd assume it would be after The bands of mourning (Source: Ars Arcanum, Words of radiance) But where? (I may need the next Wax and wayne book to know, but if the Stormlight:5 occuring during the Wax and Wayne series thing is true, it means either the 4th book (In Wax and wayne series) Happens a few years (1 at least) after Bands of mourning, or Im missing something.

Edited by spideyguy123

2 answers to this question

Mistborn Era 2 happens after the first half of the Stormlight Archive but as Brandon hasn't written the whole thing he doesn't want to set in stone exactly where it falls in the timeline, so it might be after SA 5 or it might be after a later book. In any event, none of the 'present day' action in those books has happened yet as of Oathbringer. Depending on exactly how long the timeskip between SA halves is and exactly when Era 2 is set within that gap, some of the flashback sequences (like the one that opens Shadows of Self) might be happening in parallel to events we've seen on Roshar but we won't know for sure until Brandon nails down the dates.