New York Signing report

askthepaperclip

Cool stuff, Thanks for you trouble friend, and LOL to Brandon sad face when you didn't ask something, that made me laugh hard =)

Could you upload a image of your windrunner pin? That got me curious!

*Edit: Thanks for for the picture good Sir Paper Clip, now I'm officially jealous =)

Edited by Natans

Well done. It's interesting to here that not just the Metallic arts are open to FTL.

Also, a quote might be in order to accompany the line about Adonalsium:

Source:

claytonphillips: Before Adonalsium shattered, was it consciously opposed by something, be it people or another cosmic force? Is whatever opposed it still around?

Brandon: Yes. Yes.

Note that technically the "force" could be Adonalsium itself.

Edited by Kurkistan

Robot Aztec: The only RAFO I heard was the one that I put in the transcription. The only things I didn't transcribe were the really generic questions like " How do you write so many books?" and "What was it like to finish the Wheel of Time?" unless they had a tidbit that was new/interesting like the one about Dalinar above. There signing was only about 40 minutes, and there really were not many questions unfortunately.

Windrunner: Do you know when the other pins are planning to be released? Is it going to be a one per book kind of thing? I really want an Edgedancer one  B)

Hey all! Still on vacation, but I will get the chasm line picture up as soon as I can. Don't let your anticipation get too high; his drawing sucks.

Okay, I think I got it up. The chasm on Aon Aon should be obvious enough. If it isn't obvious on Rao, it is the lower of the horizontalish lines, the one touching the lowest circle.

The event was amazing. Brandon came in and saw paperclips' Seon, and gave us a code right then and there for it. A lot of fans liked them. Most of the people we saw there seemed to be fans of Brandon, as borne out when they divided the signing line by author and his was easily three times the length of any others. At the discussion, boy does Mr. Sanderson like to talk. ;) his answers were like The Way of Kings compared to Paolini's Eragon. He also decided they should swap books for their readings, and he ended up reading from Eragon, presumably because he did not realize how much made-up-language was gonna be in it.

My favorite moment; a woman stopped us to ask about the Seons. My friend asked if she was a fan of Brandon. She replied, "well, I married him, so... Yes."

post-3132-0-94199500-1384686294_thumb.jp

hahahaha I forgot to mention that about meeting Brandon's wife Emily! Yes, that was awesome!

Oh also, when Darnam offered to make Brandon a Seon, Brandon requested Aon Ene, but then found out that Ene was the one I made for myself, so he asked for Rao instead.

....I guess I made a "clever" choice.... :P  (sorry, couldn't resist)

Q: Would a conventional science fiction society be able to travel between worlds via FTL?

A: Yes, they definitely could. In fact, built into the system is...you will see space travel. In fact I have several of them plotted, I just can't write them yet. It is going to be really fun. One of my very first ideas for the  Cosmere was this spaceship going between, and actually, Sixth of the Dusk, which is coming out, the _____ Anthology one, is Cosmere and they mention space travel in it, so..." [interesting! This will be our first in-world reference to space travel, yes?]

For the sake of completeness the "____ Anthology" should be the Writing Excuses Anthology.

Great job getting all these questions/answers!

Do we have a date for when that anthology will come out?

Not yet, last we heard Howard and Dan were still finishing writing theirs, and then they are planning on doing podcast episodes where they critique/workshop each one.  I think the plan is still to get it out this year though, or at least I think so.

Well done. It's interesting to here that not just the Metallic arts are open to FTL.

Also, a quote might be in order to accompany the line about Adonalsium:

Source:

Note that technically the "force" could be Adonalsium itself.

The force is still around, so I don't think it could be Adonalsium

what i think is realy nice is the RAFO for the Alendi question. I allways wanted to here more about this his story but thought since Ruin and Preservation were both one now and since we were going forwart in time now (the future trilogies) we would not get to hear more about the time of Alendi and Rashek.

Upvote for the transcription style (especially "blah, blah") :) And the Adonalsium question is quite new, as far as I can tell.

Brandon: Hi!

Person: OMG You are the best!

B: Thank you so much! Do you have any questions for me?

P: Um...no, not really!

B: *Sounding sad* Oh...ok...

And that is why, on each signing, there should be a member from 17thShard giving out "official 17thshard question cards" flyers for people without their own :ph34r:  Completely mandatory optional, of course B)

I am rambling, am I not? (goes away)

P.S. Where are the Seons pictures?

what i think is realy nice is the RAFO for the Alendi question. I allways wanted to here more about this his story but thought since Ruin and Preservation were both one now and since we were going forwart in time now (the future trilogies) we would not get to hear more about the time of Alendi and Rashek.

A RAFO doesn't guarantee he'll eventually talk about it, but considering the question it is unlikely he'd RAFO it for other reasons. Or I'm guilty of wishful thinking.

P.S. Where are the Seons pictures?

I was hoping he'd post the pic he said he'd tweet and I could link it. I'm on vacation and it isn't the easiest to upload pictures. I will try to do it tomorrow morning.

I'm the cute one.

The Seons look better in the dark, and a bit more close-up so you can see their Aons. I only have this one pic on my phone, maybe Paperclip can post his pics, and I'll try to get them from my friend.

Between the hugest signing line, and the only fans who brought props, I like to think Brandon "won" this multi-author signing...

post-3132-0-53712000-1384776710_thumb.jp

post-3132-0-56337800-1384953337_thumb.jp

The look better in the dark. Blue is Aan. Green is Omi. The one in the middle is red, and it's Rao. That's the one Mr. Sanderson himself asked for. I think he likes the characters in his stories, as his top two choices for Seon were Ene and Rao, the Aons for his two main Aonic characters.

post-3132-0-15766100-1384953323_thumb.jp

My friend David, with the ever-attendant Omi, showcasing their new copy of Steelheart.